Vanderbilt

1 hour ago, Lincoln135 said:

Congrats! I was actually wondering the same thing about! In my phone call they mentioned a letter that would be coming soon with more information so maybe it would be in that, but I'm not positive.

Conrgats to you as well! That's what I was thinking. Did you happen to catch when the letter was coming? I was so surprised I forgot to ask any questions, including whether or not I was accepted to the voice/medical track!

@@maimas4466

I did not. I received the call when I was at work and it had a weird caller ID so I thought it was spam and declined the call. So I only know what they said to me in a 40 second voicemail and wasn't able to ask questions. I assume in the next couple of weeks. And @Mlslp I DMed you. 

37 minutes ago, Lincoln135 said:

@@maimas4466

I did not. I received the call when I was at work and it had a weird caller ID so I thought it was spam and declined the call. So I only know what they said to me in a 40 second voicemail and wasn't able to ask questions. I assume in the next couple of weeks. And @Mlslp I DMed you. 

Thanks! And I will pm you Mlslp

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! I am about to start my senior year at UF so I am beginning to think a lot about grad school. Vanderbilt is my number one choice so I was wondering if y'all have any advice for an undergrad that will be applying soon. What do you think made you stand out? 

4 hours ago, kmac said:

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! I am about to start my senior year at UF so I am beginning to think a lot about grad school. Vanderbilt is my number one choice so I was wondering if y'all have any advice for an undergrad that will be applying soon. What do you think made you stand out? 

I think my undergrad thesis is what made me stand out the most, along with stats that are consistent with what Vandy reports. I also had interdisciplinary clinical experience, which was a little bit of a different angle I presented! Good luck, I wish you the best in your application process! Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss more :)

1 hour ago, ifslp said:

I also just got into Vanderbilt and I am completely shocked!! I applied on a whim because I had no idea I was going to get in

Same with me haha.   I wanted to apply just as a personal challenge / on the off chance I might get in but I fully expected to be rejected.  I cried haha.  Hoping for funding though, because it is awfully expensive!

1 hour ago, Ari127 said:

Same with me haha.   I wanted to apply just as a personal challenge / on the off chance I might get in but I fully expected to be rejected.  I cried haha.  Hoping for funding though, because it is awfully expensive!

I'm feeling the exact same way!! I pushed the thought of Vandy away because I knew I wouldn't get in, but now what! If they gave me good funding I'd definitely consider it. I also want to talk to some current grad students @ Vandy and find out about their experience. 

13 hours ago, ifslp said:

I'm feeling the exact same way!! I pushed the thought of Vandy away because I knew I wouldn't get in, but now what! If they gave me good funding I'd definitely consider it. I also want to talk to some current grad students @ Vandy and find out about their experience. 

Agreed! If any current Vandy students are looking at this and would be willing to answer some questions, please PM me!!

@maimas4466 I just got my aid letter in the mail a couple of days ago! It was sent to my home address. I am also trying to get in contact with current grad students to weigh the advantages  of Vanderbilt against cheaper programs. As an aside, if you happen to know of an admitted student/class of 2021 group, I'd love to get to know you potential classmates :)

4 hours ago, theexplanatorygap said:

@maimas4466 I just got my aid letter in the mail a couple of days ago! It was sent to my home address. I am also trying to get in contact with current grad students to weigh the advantages  of Vanderbilt against cheaper programs. As an aside, if you happen to know of an admitted student/class of 2021 group, I'd love to get to know you potential classmates :)

Same! I don't know of a group yet, but I'm chatting with the director on the phone Thursday so I will let you know if he says anything regarding fb groups. Are you planning on attending for sure?

On 3/12/2019 at 3:35 PM, maimas4466 said:

Same! I don't know of a group yet, but I'm chatting with the director on the phone Thursday so I will let you know if he says anything regarding fb groups. Are you planning on attending for sure?

That would be awesome to know! I've narrowed it down to two programs but I'm putting off trying to actually choose now, haha. Feel free to share anything interesting that you learn!

2 minutes ago, theexplanatorygap said:

That would be awesome to know! I've narrowed it down to two programs but I'm putting off trying to actually choose now, haha. Feel free to share anything interesting that you learn!

Definitely! I'm in a similar position, can I ask what schools you're deciding between?

On 3/13/2019 at 9:31 PM, maimas4466 said:

Definitely! I'm in a similar position, can I ask what schools you're deciding between?

Of course, it's between Vanderbilt (with a little funding) and UNC-Chapel Hill (with significantly more funding), both of which I LOVE!