Would it be ok to email POI about waitlist movement

gradschoolprobs

I was notified about 1.5 weeks ago by my dream PhD program's director that I was waitlisted and I did follow-up to express my continued interest in the program. I had also sent my POI an update about it as well, but because I didn't ask him any questions, I didn't get any response. Would it be ok to email my POI next week to ask if there has been waitlist movement?

I would limit the amount of times you contact them. You asserted your interest, but they need to wait for offers to be rejected, which can be all the way until April 15th. No contact from the program usually means that there is no news. 

2 minutes ago, PsyDGrad90 said:

I would limit the amount of times you contact them. You asserted your interest, but they need to wait for offers to be rejected, which can be all the way until April 15th. No contact from the program usually means that there is no news. 

Thank you so much! I guess I'll try to wait until closer to end of March. Also, I noticed that my application is still "under review" yet the program director had notified me of the waitlist. Does this sound like I am high on the waitlist?

28 minutes ago, gradschoolprobs said:

Does this sound like I am high on the waitlist? 

No it doesn't.  There's no way to of knowing what your position is, unless they specifically tell you.