MPH decision factors? - UMich, UW, Columbia

bollymemes

What factors should I consider when choosing which MPH program to attend? Or straight up tell me where you think I should go lol.

I would be pursuing MPH in Epidemiology with a global health/social determinants of health concentration. I've narrowed down 3 schools: UMich-AA, University of Washington, and Columbia (Mailman). 

On 3/7/2019 at 3:54 PM, ASA15 said:

One potential consideration- if you’re interested in potentially going on to a PhD, UW makes it very easy (simplified application process, 95% acceptance rate, shorter time length).

Oh yeah! I went to their Visit Days and I remember hearing that, but it completely skipped my mind to consider it. Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 1:13 PM, hopingforahailmary said:

Have any of the schools offered you any financial aid? Tuition scholarships, etc? As someone who got a scholarship for her MPH and STILL had to take out loans, which I am still paying back, save money where you can! 

Thanks for the advice! Columbia is the only place offering a scholarship, and I've decided to go there :)