UCSD vs UCI for MS in Business Analytics

acealex123

Hello everyone,

I know these are both relatively new programs, but I was wondering if anyone had information on the MS in Business Analytics at UCSD and UCI. I just got accepted to both of these programs and am having a hard time deciding between the two. Both programs are super similar based on the information provided on the website, but I am leaning towards UCSD based on the location and reputation of the school in general. If anyone had some opinions on the programs, that would be great!

edit: If there is no information on the specific program, some sort of information on graduate life at either school is also appreciated. 

Edited by acealex123

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 5:25 AM, Mojito said:

Hey! Congratulations! I am in touch with a professor from UCI and I believe their placements are great.

Do you mind sharing what type of questions were asked in the interview for UCSD?

Just sent you a message!

Hey man, I thought I'd post on here to help you out. Personally, I don't know too much about the grad school at UCI, but I am just finishing my undergrad at UCI so I do have some things to say. First of all, UCI is a grande university with many excellent students. I did my undergrad in engineering but spent a lot of time at the business school due to how nice their facilities are. The classrooms are all decked out with new tech, and the business side always has free coffee (much to the chagrin of the Starbucks).

Don't choose UCSD over UCI due to prestige. The two are very close in that regard, and UCI has been going up in ranks while UCSD has been stagnant. 

IMO, the only reason one should opt for UCSD is if he/she is a surfer (this is why I applied there for grad school) because there are more stellar waves in the San Diego area. However, even this reason is questionable due to UCI's proximity to Newport Beach, and as someone that lived there for two years, that city is beautiful.