International student Internship/practicum placement

Anita21

I am Anita Kumar and I am  a second year Neuropsychology Master student in UCL (Université Catholique de Louvain) in Belgium.

Next year, after I graduate from my Masters, I am going to pursue my education by doing internships within a certificate year at UCL. This means that I will be a student under the insurance of my university. I want to develop my skills in English, therefore I am interested to do an internship or a pracitucm placement in clinical Neuropsychology with adults or older adults.  

Would an internship for an international student be possible with a master degree?  If so, where should I look for further information to apply ? 

Thank you for your help.

Anita KUMAR

Hi Anita, I unfortunately imagine there would be many legal practicing/licensing hoops to jump through to obtain a "technical" internship in clinical neuropsychology in the USA.

However, a very viable alternate you could pursure would be working as a psychometrician tech (or "neuro-psychometrician tech") with your credentials.

My first job out of undergraduate university here in the U.S. was working as a neuropsychometrician. If administering assessments under the supervision of a licensed clinical neuropsychologist is what you're after then I would simply go to job search sites (indeed, monster, etc) and search for "psychometrician" and "neuropsychometrician" jobs.

10 hours ago, personallycentered said:

Hi Anita, I unfortunately imagine there would be many legal practicing/licensing hoops to jump through to obtain a "technical" internship in clinical neuropsychology in the USA.

However, a very viable alternate you could pursure would be working as a psychometrician tech (or "neuro-psychometrician tech") with your credentials.

My first job out of undergraduate university here in the U.S. was working as a neuropsychometrician. If administering assessments under the supervision of a licensed clinical neuropsychologist is what you're after then I would simply go to job search sites (indeed, monster, etc) and search for "psychometrician" and "neuropsychometrician" jobs.

I think you might mean "psychometrist" here. Psychometrists administer assessments under the supervision of a licensed practitioner while a "psychometrician" creates and studies the validity of tests and measures. It seems like Anita's experiences may be better served for a psychometrist role initially until she decides if she wants to pursue further education to practice as a clinical psychologist in North America 

8 minutes ago, Jay's Brain said:

I think you might mean "psychometrist" here. Psychometrists administer assessments under the supervision of a licensed practitioner while a "psychometrician" creates and studies the validity of tests and measures. It seems like Anita's experiences may be better served for a psychometrist role initially until she decides if she wants to pursue further education to practice as a clinical psychologist in North America 

I think I mean psychometrician tech because that was literally what my job title was.