How long before funding decisions are made?

t.gentle

Question

Hi,

I received admissions from three different universities in the US  but the admission letters came from the graduate school and did not mention funding. I received my first offer on Jan 17th, the second on  February 18th and the third on March 3rd. How long is too long for funding decisions to be made? Is it normal that admission decisions and funding decisions can be made 1 month or 2 months apart? What is your experience with receiving admission offers and funding offers later? Thanks

2 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, t.gentle said:

Hi,

I received admissions from three different universities in the US  but the admission letters came from the graduate school and did not mention funding. I received my first offer on Jan 17th, the second on  February 18th and the third on March 3rd. How long is too long for funding decisions to be made? Is it normal that admission decisions and funding decisions can be made 1 month or 2 months apart? What is your experience with receiving admission offers and funding offers later? Thanks

Hi, I don't know if you've applied to PhD or Masters. In case of PhD, it is absolutely normal for some universities like the UCs to send out funding decisions late (mine came 2 months later). But, I don't know about Masters.

3 hours ago, IndianGirl2019 said:

Hi, I don't know if you've applied to PhD or Masters. In case of PhD, it is absolutely normal for some universities like the UCs to send out funding decisions late (mine came 2 months later). But, I don't know about Masters.

Right, the three applications were all PhDs. Thanks for the response, at least I know they would not just offer me admission and leave me hanging forever.