NYU Design for Stage & Film MFA 2019 Decisions

zek19

3 minutes ago, Xindxxx said:

Hi! I also applied this program. Which discipline did you apply?

Also did you hear back yet? (sorry I think I replied in the wrong format above lol, I applied to film design)

Edited by zek19

Just now, Xindxxx said:

I applied costume design. I got a personal email and I think I'm on waitlist now. But also because I interviewed very late like last week. When did you interview?

I interviewed on March 1st and I haven't heard anything :(

I heard from someone that applied to scenic design that they were accepted yesterday so I'm very worried but trying to keep my hopes up. I hope I'm on a waitlist too but I haven't received any communication from the department since my interview.

2 minutes ago, zek19 said:

I heard from someone that applied to scenic design that they were accepted yesterday so I'm very worried but trying to keep my hopes up. I hope I'm on a waitlist too but I haven't received any communication from the department since my interview.

I think this year is delayed a little bit. So the result may come out a little bit late also. Did you also apply other schools?

3 minutes ago, zek19 said:

"You are one of very few applicants who has been designated as an "alternate."  We are unable to offer you admission right now but there is a possibility that will change soon. "

This is the email that I got last week right after my interview. I guess it means I'm on the waitlist.

15 minutes ago, Xindxxx said:

"You are one of very few applicants who has been designated as an "alternate."  We are unable to offer you admission right now but there is a possibility that will change soon. "

This is the email that I got last week right after my interview. I guess it means I'm on the waitlist.

I see, I hope you get in!  I hope they e-mail me soon. Do you know of any other applicants that got in or rejected?

3 minutes ago, zek19 said:

Also just wondering if they sent out rejections yet

Actually you are the only one I found that also applied to this program. I think you may email administration director to ask if the decisions are released. 

2 minutes ago, Xindxxx said:

Hey zek, I just received the official email about the waitlist. I think they are sending out decisions now. Did you hear anything?

Hey, I just received the official e-mail too but I'm afraid to check it right now because I'm at work. I'll definitely check it later when I get home. Did your e-mail just say Your Admissions Decision is Now Available and then you checked the portal?

4 minutes ago, zek19 said:

Hey, I just received the official e-mail too but I'm afraid to check it right now because I'm at work. I'll definitely check it later when I get home. Did your e-mail just say Your Admissions Decision is Now Available and then you checked the portal?

Yes. Hope you can get in!! Fingercrossing!

• 2 years later...