gvs4

I am trying to decide between the following programs: Emory MPH, Boston University MPH, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor MPH, and Duke MsGH. I have been accepted into all four and need to make a decision soon! I am ultimately deciding between Emory and Duke, but I do not want to completely eliminate BU or Michigan yet. 

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a significant difference in the way a MPH or a MsGH (Masters of Global Health) is viewed in the job market or in academia. I am coming straight out of my undergrad and I ultimately want to continue my education after grad school (either get a PhD or possibly MD). I am interested in infectious diseases and outbreak preparedness. 

I was also hoping someone could tell me some general pros/cons of these programs or of their own experience. I am from North Carolina, so I know what life is like in Durham and at Duke, but I have never been to Ann Arbor and I have only spent a short amount of time in Boston and Atlanta. 

5 hours ago, gvs4 said:

I am trying to decide between the following programs: Emory MPH, Boston University MPH, University of Michigan at Ann Arbor MPH, and Duke MsGH. I have been accepted into all four and need to make a decision soon! I am ultimately deciding between Emory and Duke, but I do not want to completely eliminate BU or Michigan yet. 

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a significant difference in the way a MPH or a MsGH (Masters of Global Health) is viewed in the job market or in academia. I am coming straight out of my undergrad and I ultimately want to continue my education after grad school (either get a PhD or possibly MD). I am interested in infectious diseases and outbreak preparedness. 

I was also hoping someone could tell me some general pros/cons of these programs or of their own experience. I am from North Carolina, so I know what life is like in Durham and at Duke, but I have never been to Ann Arbor and I have only spent a short amount of time in Boston and Atlanta. 

As far as the MPH vs MS, I don't know how much it matters. Which degree gives you the opportunities to take classes that give you the skillset you want? If both programs have similar coursework, I don't think in the long run it will make a difference when applying to a PhD or MD. All of those schools are great, though I think Duke is the least well known for public health (check if they're accredited through CEPH).