ASHA Prerequisites Poll

ASHA Pre-requisites  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How many ASHA prerequisites do you need to take for grad school (including biological sciences, physical sciences, social/behavioral sciences, and statistics)

• Other (please explain)

I was wondering how many ASHA prerequisites other students have to take on average.  I'm guessing that those who completed undergraduate CSD degrees may have to take less of these prerequisites than non-CSD undergraduate majors. Please indicate how many prerequisites (including biological sciences, physical sciences, social/behavioral sciences, and statistics) you have to take/have already taken for grad school.

Edited by NYorker

Whoops, I was a little confused by the question, so I put the wrong number. I'm an out-of-fielder and I only have one prereq that wasn't covered by undergrad. I used my AP Bio credit for biology, took a stats course as an elective because I knew it was a requirement, and took several social science courses as part of my major. Still need to take chem this summer because my astronomy course doesn't count as physical science anymore.

I'm not really sure about credits, because credits can vary depending on the school, but I took all of the ASHA prereqs in the past year. I know some grad schools let you do them while you're in the program, but I didn't see the point in putting them off and just did them as fast as I could.