Elmhurst and St. Xavier University waitlists

Hi guys! Has anyone heard from Elmhurst or St. Xavier's waitlist? These are the only two schools that I'm waitlisted and I'm trying to remain hopeful at grad school in the fall.. 

I'm an undergrad at SXU right now I know as of now 7 of the seniors submitted their deposit to SXU but I also know 2 declined who are also undergrad at SXU. I also read on a forum quite a few people declined their offers to attend SXU. I'm sure you'll get in!! There are a a lot of grad students at SXU who got accepted off the waitlist.

1 hour ago, futurespeechpath1 said:

I'm an undergrad at SXU right now I know as of now 7 of the seniors submitted their deposit to SXU but I also know 2 declined who are also undergrad at SXU. I also read on a forum quite a few people declined their offers to attend SXU. I'm sure you'll get in!! There are a a lot of grad students at SXU who got accepted off the waitlist.

Thanks so much for the info! Do you know when they might start reaching out to people on the waitlist? 

Just now, acslp said:

Thanks so much for the info! Do you know when they might start reaching out to people on the waitlist? 

I might be wrong but last year a friend of mine who was applying heard back once at the end of April or beginning of May and again mid June, then in July they announced the cohort was full but that might vary this year. I'm sure they'll reach out maybe sometime towards the end of April since I know their orientation is in June I believe so they probably want to fill up soon.

2 minutes ago, futurespeechpath1 said:

I might be wrong but last year a friend of mine who was applying heard back once at the end of April or beginning of May and again mid June, then in July they announced the cohort was full but that might vary this year. I'm sure they'll reach out maybe sometime towards the end of April since I know their orientation is in June I believe so they probably want to fill up soon.

I was considering emailing SXU and stating that I'm still very interested so maybe I can also get more info that way? I also don't want to come off as annoying and hurt my chances though.

2 minutes ago, acslp said:

I was considering emailing SXU and stating that I'm still very interested so maybe I can also get more info that way? I also don't want to come off as annoying and hurt my chances though.

There is a speech path professor who told us that emailing a school your waitlisted too will put you further down on the waitlisted not know if that's true or not though she might've just been saying that. I personally don't think it's a bad idea! Or even call and ask. The director of grad admissions Dr. Schellinger is actually really nice. I don't think it'd be bad to contact them and ask for more information just because you are showing interest in the school. If you don't mind me asking what's your GPA and GRE?

30 minutes ago, futurespeechpath1 said:

There is a speech path professor who told us that emailing a school your waitlisted too will put you further down on the waitlisted not know if that's true or not though she might've just been saying that. I personally don't think it's a bad idea! Or even call and ask. The director of grad admissions Dr. Schellinger is actually really nice. I don't think it'd be bad to contact them and ask for more information just because you are showing interest in the school. If you don't mind me asking what's your GPA and GRE?

Okay! I will probably do that. My GPA overall is 3.49 and CSD is 3.0. GRE 149V, 146Q and 4 writing 

Hi! I emailed the program director at St. Xavier last week just to ask if I could provide another letter of recommendation or something that could supplement my continued interest in the program. I still haven’t heard back from her, but I’m guessing this is an extremely busy time for them! I was told by multiple people to reach out but not to ask when we’ll hear or where I’m at on the waitlist. I hope this helps! Hopefully we’ll hear soon :)

4 hours ago, Speech95 said:

Hi! I emailed the program director at St. Xavier last week just to ask if I could provide another letter of recommendation or something that could supplement my continued interest in the program. I still haven’t heard back from her, but I’m guessing this is an extremely busy time for them! I was told by multiple people to reach out but not to ask when we’ll hear or where I’m at on the waitlist. I hope this helps! Hopefully we’ll hear soon :)

Hey! I got an email earlier saying that they offered a second round of acceptances today. But unless you have an improvement in your GRE or GPA, you can't send additional materials. Good luck!! Hopefully we hear back soon. 

15 hours ago, futurespeechpath1 said:

How do you know you're on the high waitlist? Do they tell you?

Yes. In the email from Elmhurst, it told me that I was "among the group that we are most likely to contact about your interest in filling a place in our program just as soon as a place becomes available." 

9 hours ago, acslp said:

Yes. In the email from Elmhurst, it told me that I was "among the group that we are most likely to contact about your interest in filling a place in our program just as soon as a place becomes available." 

Oh! I did not know that was a thing, that's good to know! I wonder if other programs do that as well.