Opinions on these schools?

Hi everyone! Does anyone have any opinions on the following schools, and if you were accepted there and wouldn't mind sharing your stats too please (GPA, GRE, etc.)!

University of Washington , University of the Pacific (Stockton,CA), SJSU, Chico State, SFSU, Portland State, Sacramento State, CSUSM, CSU Fresno, CSU Fullerton, Penn State, Case Western, Ohio State University, NYU 

Edited by SLPrincess

3 hours ago, SLPrincess said:

Hi everyone! Does anyone have any opinions on the following schools, and if you were accepted there and wouldn't mind sharing your stats too please (GPA, GRE, etc.)!

University of Washington , University of the Pacific (Stockton,CA), SJSU, Chico State, SFSU, Portland State, Sacramento State, CSUSM, CSU Fresno, CSU Fullerton, Penn State, Case Western, Ohio State University, NYU 

I applied to CSU Fullerton, but wasn't invited to interview. 4.0 CSD GPA, but 3.75 overall, over 300 GRE. I know a couple people who got interviews that had done research. I feel like not getting involved in research was a big missed opportunity for me, so if you still have time, I highly suggest it! Waitlisted at PSU. I was really impressed by their program and campus.They have a strong medical emphasis if that's your interest.

Edited by Rezzy S.

I applied to a couple of theses schools! I applied to San Marcos as well but sent my transcripts to the wrong place by accident ? but it probably wouldn’t have worked out anyway if I got an interview. Are you looking for more of a medical background or more towards the school/education side?

2 hours ago, slptobe! said:

I applied to a couple of theses schools! I applied to San Marcos as well but sent my transcripts to the wrong place by accident ? but it probably wouldn’t have worked out anyway if I got an interview. Are you looking for more of a medical background or more towards the school/education side?

I’m looking more towards the medical background but I like both! 

I'm not sure about all of them but I know UW has options for both, where as SJSU is a bit more school focused. I can't really remember about San Marcos. But usually if you look through ASHA EdFind and their page on the program online, you can find more. Good luck!

14 hours ago, Rezzy S. said:

I applied to CSU Fullerton, but wasn't invited to interview. 4.0 CSD GPA, but 3.75 overall, over 300 GRE. I know a couple people who got interviews that had done research. I feel like not getting involved in research was a big missed opportunity for me, so if you still have time, I highly suggest it! Waitlisted at PSU. I was really impressed by their program and campus.They have a strong medical emphasis if that's your interest.

Where are you ending up going? Congrats!!! 

On 5/7/2019 at 2:59 PM, SLPrincess said:

Off this list. I applied to CSU Fullerton and CSUSM. I was accepted at CSUSM and did my post Bach there, really down to earth program but competing against SDSU for limited medical placements (my focus) and far from where I live, so I ultimately declined. I was rejected to SDSU, CSULA, and CSULB. I was waitlisted at Fullerton and got an email from the head of the program on 4/14 that they expected spots to open on 4/15, but I withdrew before finding out if I would be accepted (getting that email leads me to believe that I likely would have been) since I had actually been accepted to Chapman off the waitlist and preferred their 2 year program over Fullerton’s 3 year program. 

3.97 CSD and overall GPA, Summa Cum Laud at UCI for undergrad in English, and over 300 GRE.