Physics online? Univ. of Phoenix?

I'm about to enroll in a University of Phoenix online "Fundamentals of Physics" course.  Does anyone have experience with this class (quality of teaching or difficulty?) or any other prerequisites with University of Phoenix?  I've seen plenty negative reviews on Univ. of Phoenix, but since I'm just doing a single course, I'm hoping it won't be too bad.  

The math placement exam was HARD for me!  Is the difficulty of that test indicative of the difficulty of the course??

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2019 at 9:36 AM, SLaurP said:

I'm about to enroll in a University of Phoenix online "Fundamentals of Physics" course.  Does anyone have experience with this class (quality of teaching or difficulty?) or any other prerequisites with University of Phoenix?  I've seen plenty negative reviews on Univ. of Phoenix, but since I'm just doing a single course, I'm hoping it won't be too bad.  

The math placement exam was HARD for me!  Is the difficulty of that test indicative of the difficulty of the course??

Thanks!

Hi! I took this course this spring and my class was super easy! The only downside was of course the cost of the class, but overall it was an EASY class. I’m not really interested in physics, but my professor made an effort to relate class topics to real life which helped me out. As for the quality of teaching, there are no direct lectures. Everything is done through educational videos that are really bare bones and only last at most two minutes, group discussions, quizzzes, etc. There are also no exams in the course! Hope that helps! 

On 6/20/2019 at 4:32 PM, gapeachslp said:

Hi! I took this course this spring and my class was super easy! The only downside was of course the cost of the class, but overall it was an EASY class. I’m not really interested in physics, but my professor made an effort to relate class topics to real life which helped me out. As for the quality of teaching, there are no direct lectures. Everything is done through educational videos that are really bare bones and only last at most two minutes, group discussions, quizzzes, etc. There are also no exams in the course! Hope that helps! 

Wow, you just made my day!  Thanks, gapeachslp!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,  the math placement was definitely not indicative of the level of the course - I'm not sure why we even had to take that. The course was much easier than I expected - it's mostly multiple choice questions all along and not having exams was a bonus.

8 hours ago, NYorker said:

Hi,  the math placement was definitely not indicative of the level of the course - I'm not sure why we even had to take that. The course was much easier than I expected - it's mostly multiple choice questions all along and not having exams was a bonus.

Thanks NYorker - such a relief as this will be the one time I'm doing 3 courses (the rest of my grad courses should only be 2 at a time).  

• 2 years later...

Hi SLaurP, I was wondering how this course went for you?

I am stuck in a predicament, my program asked that I have this course done by the end of august and the only option I have is this university of phoenix, was it easy? I do not catch myself being someone who is great at math but what did you think?

Id appreciate your help!

On 6/30/2019 at 3:55 AM, NYorker said:

Hello @NYorker

I was wondering how this course went for you? In terms of level of math difficulty and how much work you had to do and understand to pass the class?

I am stuck in a predicament, my program asked that I have this course done by the end of august and the only option I have is this university of phoenix, was it easy? I do not catch myself being someone who is great at math but what did you think? Are you able to get support from the professor since they are not direct lectures? Would you say that anyone can do great in this course?

Id appreciate your help! Thanks so much.

15 hours ago, SleepySpeechy said:

Hi SLaurP, I was wondering how this course went for you?

I am stuck in a predicament, my program asked that I have this course done by the end of august and the only option I have is this university of phoenix, was it easy? I do not catch myself being someone who is great at math but what did you think?

Id appreciate your help!

@SLaurP