Waiting to hear back from schools and stressing out

Has anyone else gotten super nervous waiting to hear back from graduate schools? Two of the schools I applied to (Baylor and NYU) requested for my official transcripts, and never got back to me whether or not they've received them. Once they received them did you receive an email notifying you that your transcript was received and your application is in the process of being reviewed or anything of the sort? Or was it once it was sent in you don't hear back until you get an acceptance/waitlist/denial?

Was anyone else in the same situation as I am? It's so stressful not knowing whether or not my application has been fully received and I would love some insight to know whether or not I'll be notified once my application is completed and under review.

There were a few either here on forums or in the results page that have heard back from Baylor..but it is literally trickling in. One person said they had a major change in some of the key positions in the program. I would at least place a call to Baylor to find out status... probably both of them since you haven't heard anything. When I applied and was waitisted to my alma mater (Texas Tech HSC) I was notified I was on the waitlist when their decisions went out and never heard anything again. When I applied to my current grad program Texas Woman's University, I received an automated email when my app packet was complete, if a transcript was missing, and when they were missing a LOR, they contacted me to have either my recommender complete it or submit a new one in the place of one. I appreciated the emails for sure. 

Yea, I'm still waiting to hear back from both since they said they were out of office last week for some professional development, but since I turned in my application literally right before they left the office for the week I feel like I'm being too neurotic and impatient at the moment. I would definitely like an email confirming whether or not they've received my transcripts and that they've attached it to my application! I applied to GWU and once they got everything they sent in an email telling me that everything was received and under review, so I was hoping for something like that from Baylor and NYU. I've scheduled a phone call with Baylor for tomorrow, and if NYU still hasn't sent an email out confirming that they've received everything I'll call them afterwards. I was wondering if anyone else had this same thing going on with NYU and Baylor.

4 hours ago, lyha8 said:

Yea, I'm still waiting to hear back from both since they said they were out of office last week for some professional development, but since I turned in my application literally right before they left the office for the week I feel like I'm being too neurotic and impatient at the moment. I would definitely like an email confirming whether or not they've received my transcripts and that they've attached it to my application! I applied to GWU and once they got everything they sent in an email telling me that everything was received and under review, so I was hoping for something like that from Baylor and NYU. I've scheduled a phone call with Baylor for tomorrow, and if NYU still hasn't sent an email out confirming that they've received everything I'll call them afterwards. I was wondering if anyone else had this same thing going on with NYU and Baylor.

Hey there!

I just got accepted into Baylor this week, and I can tell you that yes they were out last week, but my admissions counselor called me first thing Monday morning this week to confirm my acceptance. She told me it had been sitting in her files from last week, and wanted to let me know first thing when she got back to office, so they are behind just a little. With your phone call, I would just check to see where they are in the process. In all, it took about 7 weeks to hear something back, so I think it just takes a little time for everything. Hope this helps and good luck!

Edited by BlackGirlSpeechie

2 hours ago, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

Hey there!

I just got accepted into Baylor this week, and I can tell you that yes they were out last week, but my admissions counselor called me first thing Monday morning this week to confirm my acceptance. She told me it had been sitting in her files from last week, and wanted to let me know first thing when she got back to office, so they are behind just a little. With your phone call, I would just check to see where they are in the process. In all, it took about 7 weeks to hear something back, so I think it just takes a little time for everything. Hope this helps and good luck!

That's great to hear! Congratulations on getting into Baylor! Honestly it's just a relief to hear that they did confirm in some way once the application was fully received. I guess they'll call me once they get everything finalized so that eases my nerves a little. Since it's only been two weeks(?) since I submitted everything I should definitely relax for a bit then. Thanks so much! Best of luck on your journey to becoming an SLP! 

13 hours ago, lyha8 said:

That's great to hear! Congratulations on getting into Baylor! Honestly it's just a relief to hear that they did confirm in some way once the application was fully received. I guess they'll call me once they get everything finalized so that eases my nerves a little. Since it's only been two weeks(?) since I submitted everything I should definitely relax for a bit then. Thanks so much! Best of luck on your journey to becoming an SLP! 

Thank you so much! It was definitely a journey, but well worth it in the end. This is just the beginning, and I can't wait for it to start! Yes, I will say they are excellent about communicating with you throughout the process, or even if you decide to reach out, they will try and get you an answer quickly. Oh yeah girl, I would say you should hear back hopefully no later than early July, if all goes well. Classes start in August, so they would have to finalize the cohort well before then, so you honestly may not have to wait as long as I did. 

You're very welcome, and I appreciate that so much! If you have any questions, you can just message me on here. Best wishes to you, and good luck!

3 hours ago, BlackGirlSpeechie said:

Thank you so much! It was definitely a journey, but well worth it in the end. This is just the beginning, and I can't wait for it to start! Yes, I will say they are excellent about communicating with you throughout the process, or even if you decide to reach out, they will try and get you an answer quickly. Oh yeah girl, I would say you should hear back hopefully no later than early July, if all goes well. Classes start in August, so they would have to finalize the cohort well before then, so you honestly may not have to wait as long as I did. 

You're very welcome, and I appreciate that so much! If you have any questions, you can just message me on here. Best wishes to you, and good luck!

Thanks so much it’s really encouraging to hear! I did end up calling and they said my stuff should be finalized within the next week so hopefully by early to mid July I’ll hear back for sure!