Eastern New Mexico University CDIS

Hi all,

I sent in my application to Eastern New Mexico University already which was due by 9/1/19. The application did not ask for letters of rec, resume, etc. Pretty much only needed transcripts, GRE score and an essay.  I got an email that they changed the application but since I already submitted that they will accept it. The email also said that they are doing interviews through CASper. So I had a couple of questions. Should I be worried about not doing a CSDCAS application since CSDCAS asks for supporting information like experiences, achievements and conferences attended? The essay I had to write about was for them to see my "writing proficiency, style, logical thought, critical thinking, problem solving abilities, planning skills, creativity, and my ability to explain and justify my decisions in a clear, concise and cohesive manner". I am worried with them seeing other applicants (from CSDCAS) volunteer work and research opportunities that I will be overlooked. My other question is has anyone else done an interview through CASper and what is it like? 

Thank you! 

Hi all,

I sent in my application to Eastern New Mexico University already which was due by 9/1/19. The application did not ask for letters of rec, resume, etc. Pretty much only needed transcripts, GRE score and an essay.  I got an email that they changed the application but since I already submitted that they will accept it. The email also said that they are doing interviews through CASper. So I had a couple of questions. Should I be worried about not doing a CSDCAS application since CSDCAS asks for supporting information like experiences, achievements and conferences attended? The essay I had to write about was for them to see my "writing proficiency, style, logical thought, critical thinking, problem solving abilities, planning skills, creativity, and my ability to explain and justify my decisions in a clear, concise and cohesive manner". I am worried with them seeing other applicants (from CSDCAS) volunteer work and research opportunities that I will be overlooked. My other question is has anyone else done an interview through CASper and what is it like? 

Thank you! 

22 hours ago, alyssafrancis said:

Hi all,

Thank you! 

I’m not sure why you got an email saying that they changed the application because their website is up to date and does not indicate that an application should be submitted through CSDCAS (unless I’m just missing it). It could be that you submitted early and they hadn’t gotten a chance to make the change yet and that is why they accepted the application. 

If it is true that they changed to using CSDCAS, I wouldn’t worry about being overlooked. There was however an option to send in additional forms for observation hours and research activities with your application. It’s not quite the same as the additional information provided through CSDCAS but it still might be useful. 

To my knowledge CASper might be a new method they are using going forward. I applied for this Fall term and it was either in person or via Zoom so unfortunately I can’t really help here. 

I hope this information helped! 

20 hours ago, VS-SLP2B said:

I’m not sure why you got an email saying that they changed the application because their website is up to date and does not indicate that an application should be submitted through CSDCAS (unless I’m just missing it). It could be that you submitted early and they hadn’t gotten a chance to make the change yet and that is why they accepted the application. 

If it is true that they changed to using CSDCAS, I wouldn’t worry about being overlooked. There was however an option to send in additional forms for observation hours and research activities with your application. It’s not quite the same as the additional information provided through CSDCAS but it still might be useful. 

To my knowledge CASper might be a new method they are using going forward. I applied for this Fall term and it was either in person or via Zoom so unfortunately I can’t really help here. 

I hope this information helped! 

Thank you!

Hi. Yes they are changing but it will come in affect for the Fall 2020 Cohort. I talked to Dr. Swift and she sent me information on the changes. They are making a lot of changes to the program. One thing is the application process will no longer be free and has to be submitted via CDCAS. I’m applying as well for the Spring 2020 start. I went all the way to NM to see the school and the department. If you have any questions I can fill you in. I hope we both get in. 

On 7/24/2019 at 5:36 PM, speakingofsarita said:

Hi. Yes they are changing but it will come in affect for the Fall 2020 Cohort. I talked to Dr. Swift and she sent me information on the changes. They are making a lot of changes to the program. One thing is the application process will no longer be free and has to be submitted via CDCAS. I’m applying as well for the Spring 2020 start. I went all the way to NM to see the school and the department. If you have any questions I can fill you in. I hope we both get in. 

Good luck to you! 

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, ajash said:

Have either of you heard back from them??

So long story but I actually did not end up applying yet, due to them changing the application due date to two weeks earlier. As well as changing it to CSDCAS. Since it was originally not on CSDCAS, I had not asked my professors to write my letters of recommendations yet for my other schools that I am applying to during this cycle. So once they had changed to CSDCAS, I could not submit my application without having my letters of recommendation included.  

They did send me an email this morning saying "Please make sure to complete your CSDCAS application and take your CASper interview.  I have attached our website and the info you need to complete your application.  We look forward to reviewing you for this cohort!" So now, I am wondering if I should rush and send it in! (I did do my CASper interview back in July, so I guess I might have to do it again). 

On 10/11/2019 at 7:59 PM, ajash said:

Yea I would! Also since they don't require letters they told me just to upload blank documents.

Yeah, but if I don’t get into ENMU, you can’t change your application on CSDCAS so I would need those letters for other programs.