Phd in Environmental Economics

Umed

Hi there,

Could somebody guide me that what is the GRE score required for Phd in Environmental Economics for various university and also looking for list of  university in Environmental economics.

I have GRE Score of 311 ( 161 Q , 151 V, 3.0 AWS),  Completed Master with Environmental Management as major ,GPA = 3.45/4 and experience of 5 Yrs in Risk Analysis and 2 yrs as lecturer.

Could you please suggest University where can i apply ?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

I am Engineering ( BE) graduate and hold masters in Environment Management . As a part of master , I have completed the below –

During my Master , I have completed :Quantitative Techniques I ( Grade A),Management Accounting I(Grade B), Micro Economic Analysis ( Grade A),Quantitative Techniques II ( Grade B), Financial Management ( Grade B),Management Accounting II(Grade B),Macro Economic Policy and Analysis ( Grade B),Ecological Economics  ( Grade A), Advance Data Analysis ( Grade B),Sustainability & Green Marketing ( Grade A), Environment Policy and Law ( Grade A),Modeling of Ecology and Economy ( Grade B), Geoinformatics ( Grade B), Environment Impacts Assessment (Grade C)

During my BE , I have completed : Calc I, Calc II, Intro Stats, Stats, Discrete Math, Linear Algebra, Differential Equation

Currently working with Bank in Market Risk as Risk Analytics using python for statistical modelling. I have total 7 yrs. of experience ( 1 Yr. as Lecturer, 6 Yrs. in Bank)

I want to pursue PhD in Environmental Economics as completed my master into Environment management with GPA of 3.47 out of  4.33

I have GRE score 161/150/3.0 (Q, V,  AW)

I would appreciate any help in this regards...

Thanks again

I work with one of the leading, if not the leading environmental economist in the US, Robert Mendelsohn at Yale. As someone else mentioned a Q score 165 and above would be the norm for the top tier programs, Prof. Mendelsohn obtained his PhD at Yale—given its relationship with the Yale School of Forestry  (arguably the premier school of its kind), I would certainly consider Yale.

Thanks.... 

Below are the university shortlisted for apply -Phd in Natural Resource and Environmental Economics"

Could somebody confirm that which are the safe with funding to apply for GRE Score of 311 ( 150Q, 161V, 3 AWA)

University of Maryland
University of Minnesota
University of California, Davis
Texas A & U University
Iowa State University
Arizona State University
Ohio State University
university of south california
Washington State University
Michigan State University
University of Arizona
Purdue University
Northeastern University    
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 
Colorado State University    
Pennsylvania State University 

Off the top of my head, you should be good at most of these schools.. By way of specific example, from the UC Davis website: The Quantitative portion of the exam is the most important and the committee is looking for a score in the 75 percentile or higher or about 158 plus.

When they replied to you, they kept your originally posted scores (the correct ones) in mind. Otherwise, what they said would have made no sense.

I think you'll struggle to get admitted to these schools, but it's possible. Make sure your letters of recommendation are superb, and have a native English speaker edit your SoP.

• 1 month later...