What should I know about Canadian master's in statistics programs before applying? How do they differ from programs in the U.S.?

hcms1

I'm curious about some Canadian universities for their statistics programs, but I've heard numerous times that the way master's programs work in Canada is much different than the ones in the US. A few questions I had was:

1. Generally, are Canadian programs usually funded and geared towards research careers? I'm personally not looking for a research career.

2. As an American, do I have to apply with a TOEFL?

3. Am I ineligible for any kind of Canadian federal/provincial funding or aid as an American? Can I take out loans in the US and use them toward Canadian programs?

4. Most statistics programs in the US consist of international students. Is it similar in Canada? And is it much harder to get in as an American (or international) student to master's program in Canada?

Any other thoughts or comments are welcome. Thanks in advance for all the advice!!!