What programs are similar to MS at MIT Media Lab?

betron12

Hi there -

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but "Interdisciplinary" seems like the best place. 

I'm a UX researcher/designer with 8 years professional experience. I want to go back to school to learn how to be a tech professional who can support tech companies in creating more ethical products and services. MIT's MS (I'm not interested in PhD) program seems like SUCH a good place to think critically about technology and how it gets made, and experiment with new solutions. 

I've looked at other HCI/Information/UX programs, and found that most MS programs don't seem to have the opportunities MIT does. It feels like most of the classes at other programs are tech positive and there's not space to challenge tech and look at it differently.

I'm a non-academic tech worker (not a programmer though, no CS skills here) looking to contribute to a more ethical tech future.

Is anyone in the same boat as me? Or in a boat nearby? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @betron12, take a look at the experimental programs such as Interactive Telecommunication Program at New York University or Design and Technology program at Parsons.

They have courses that intersect between technology and arts and both of them mostly encourage their students to experiment and look at everything from different perspectives.

• 3 weeks later...