Quant Section of GRE?

4 hours ago, littlet4lks said:

What did you guys do to prepare? My results are sooo bad and I am not even in the 50th percentile for quant. 

What was your quant score and combined score? If your combined score is over 300 you're probably fine. Grad programs don't place as much importance on quant as on verbal or writing. A great verbal score can more than make up for a bad quant score.

I will say that I got 39th percentile for quant (and in the 80-somethingth for verbal) so consider the balance between those two sections! As bibliophile222 said, most schools are just looking for a minimum 300 combined. I had no problem getting into several schools with my scores, so unless your scores were truly absolutely dreadful, I wouldn’t worry about being under the 50th percentile.

6 hours ago, bibliophile222 said:

What was your quant score and combined score? If your combined score is over 300 you're probably fine. Grad programs don't place as much importance on quant as on verbal or writing. A great verbal score can more than make up for a bad quant score.

151 V and 145 Q with a 4 AW

43 minutes ago, littlet4lks said:

151 V and 145 Q with a 4 AW

If you think that with studying you’d be able to gain 4 extra points, I’d say retake it! (I didn’t actually study, but almost everyone seems to recommend Magoosh.) Those scores aren’t horrific though, so depending on the schools you’re applying to and your other stats, you may not want to bother. You’re nearly at the 300, and if you have a strong GPA and experience, it could balance out. However, I know that 300 can be a cutoff for some schools, since they get so many good applicants.

41 minutes ago, Lwc23 said:

If you think that with studying you’d be able to gain 4 extra points, I’d say retake it! (I didn’t actually study, but almost everyone seems to recommend Magoosh.) Those scores aren’t horrific though, so depending on the schools you’re applying to and your other stats, you may not want to bother. You’re nearly at the 300, and if you have a strong GPA and experience, it could balance out. However, I know that 300 can be a cutoff for some schools, since they get so many good applicants.

Yeah my top choice is Northeastern University and they require a minimum of 151 V and 150 Q so I am definitely retaking.