Applying for funding in Canada

Clinicalpsyc12

I’m not sure what you mean by also applying to NSERC, CIHR or SSHRC. They aren’t separate, CGS-M is administered by the tri-council agencies. You choose the one most applicable to your research and apply for the CGS-M through that agency. 

The deadline is usually around December 1 but might not be that exact day. Detailed instructions are available on the NSERC website (same instructions apply for SSHRC and CIHR). 

Edited by PsycUndergrad

2 hours ago, Clinicalpsyc12 said:

Thank you! I was wondering if I had to do separate applications for both SSHRC and CGS-M? Is CSG-M the only masters scholarship someone applying to their masters in Canada for clinical psychology apply to?

SSHRC and CGS-M are the same thing. You apply for a CGS-M funded by SSHRC so it’s just one application. 

There might be provincial scholarships too depending one where you apply. Like OGS for Ontario schools. 

On 8/27/2019 at 8:29 PM, PsycUndergrad said:

SSHRC and CGS-M are the same thing. You apply for a CGS-M funded by SSHRC so it’s just one application.

Or, OP, if you're in clinical psychology and studying mental health outcomes you might apply for the CIHR CGS-M.