Retake GRE for Caltech/Stanford/Top Engineering PhD Programs?

felixjoyce

I am an undergraduate student and will be applying to Electrical Engineering PhD programs this fall. I am aiming for really top schools like Caltech, Stanford, MIT, UC Berkeley (not because of their rank but also because of the professors there).

I recently took GRE and got 166Q/164V/5.0 AWA. Given that average quantitative GRE scores for these schools are 168Q, should I retake the GRE to be able to get into these schools?

My GPA is 3.95, and I have 1 conference publication,1 submitted journal publication in review (not accepted yet), and two poster presentations at two conferences (not peer-reviewed). I am hoping to submit 1 more conference publication by the time of my application deadline.

I think for PhD applications your publications do count a lot if they are at top venues. I've heard someone with strong publications (something like 2 ICML/NeurIPS papers) got into Stanford PhD with relatively low GRE & TOEFL (~ 325 and ~100), but I guess that's an individual case.