Misdemeanor & CSDCAS Application

Hello,

On the CSDCAS application it asks "Have you ever been convicted of a Misdemeanor?" Do I have to disclose if it has been expunged from my record? Are my dreams of becoming an SLP completely over? 

About 8 years ago I pled guilty to misdemeanor (first & last). My lawyer advised me that I would not have to disclose it on graduate school applications or employment applications because it is considered "dismissed". I have had 2 background checks since the expungement and it doesn't not show on a criminal background check. Although, none of these places required a livescan/DOJ report. 

12 hours ago, futurespeechpath1 said:

No you don't have too since it's off your record

Thanks for your advice. I suppose I'm worried because it will show up in livescan report...and I'm not sure if my grad program will find out and ask why I wasn't upfront about my background. But if my practicum uses a run of the mill background checker such as hireright/chkr then I'm OK. 

Edited by SlightyWorried

• 11 months later...

Hello!

I am currently applying for the Fall 2021 cycle via CSDCAS and am so happy I came across this message board because I am in a very similar situation and I wanted to know how your application process went?

9 years ago, I was charged with a misdemeanor that I was able to get expunged, but am still unsure if I should disclose the incident or not on my application. 

I was curious as to what you decided to do on your application, and did you have any issues being admitted to any programs?