Affordable path to becoming a therapist?

junger

Hi all, I am looking for an affordable and quality masters program that will eventually allow me to become a practicing licensed clinician upon graduation. This could either be an MSW (accredited by CSWE), an MFT/CFT program (accredited by COAMFTE), or a Clinical Mental Health Counseling program (accredited by CACREP). While money is a primary concern when it comes to making my decision about a program, I will also not sacrifice the quality of my education just because of the price. I am hoping to hear others' ideas about great programs that are not overwhelmingly expensive. Thanks! 

• 1 month later...

I believe a MSW will be your best bet, especailly because of how versatile the degree is, if you ever change your mind on career paths.

I think you can narrow your down search by first pick what area you would like to explore/specialize and practice in. Certain programs will be more attractive and tailored to your needs based on that.

Are you looking to become a therapist for a certain population? What kind of therapy do you want to do?