Loma Linda University Body Piercings/Tattoos

Hello, for anyone attending Loma Linda University (this is a general question) for the SLP program, I was wondering what the stance was on body piercings (I have a small nose piercing) and tattoos? I was doing my application and saw that they would like a photo of you (voluntary) so if I do upload my photo, should I take out my piercing? I feel like this is a bit ridiculous to ask but I am super curious lol ?

2 hours ago, slpvee said:

Hello, for anyone attending Loma Linda University (this is a general question) for the SLP program, I was wondering what the stance was on body piercings (I have a small nose piercing) and tattoos? I was doing my application and saw that they would like a photo of you (voluntary) so if I do upload my photo, should I take out my piercing? I feel like this is a bit ridiculous to ask but I am super curious lol ?

I have worked on a number of projects for LLU (I work at a consultancy). Based upon my experiences interacting with staff and time on campus, I would urge you to remove the piercing and obscure the tattoos for any photos that they might see during the application process.

51 minutes ago, jb2018 said:

I’m a second year grad student at LLU. The faculty in the speech department doesn’t care about piercings/tattoos at all. Most of the faculty have piercings and tattoos themselves and several students do, too 

My experiences were with higher up administration types. I got a glacial glare when I asked where I could get some coffee.