Organizing Your Application Materials/Tasks (Any tips?)

Hey all! As the December deadlines for fall 2020 applications loom closer, I'm making an effort to stay on top of things and as organized as I can be. But for many of us applying to more than just a handful of schools, it's difficult sometimes to keep it all straight (at least it is for me!). Right now, I've got a subpar spreadsheet on Google Sheets going that's been working fine enough, but I wondered if anyone has any tips or tricks for keeping track of each application and all of its respective moving pieces.

Any apps/websites/programs out there that you've been using that could warm my type A heart? Bonus points for color coding options! :) 

On 10/7/2019 at 10:36 AM, PercivalV said:

Hey all! As the December deadlines for fall 2020 applications loom closer, I'm making an effort to stay on top of things and as organized as I can be. But for many of us applying to more than just a handful of schools, it's difficult sometimes to keep it all straight (at least it is for me!). Right now, I've got a subpar spreadsheet on Google Sheets going that's been working fine enough, but I wondered if anyone has any tips or tricks for keeping track of each application and all of its respective moving pieces.

Any apps/websites/programs out there that you've been using that could warm my type A heart? Bonus points for color coding options! :) 

Check out the spreadsheet in the link above. It's a life saver. 

• 1 month later...

The spreadsheet I created has already been linked above, but I've been doing a lot of projects in Airtable lately. I highly recommend it, and will probably rebuild my spreadsheet and other resources in there. It's a lot prettier and more flexible than Google Sheets or Excel.