Jump to content
KevinC.

Shortlisted for DAAD Helmut 2020 at Willy Brandt School

Recommended Posts

Hi. I am planning to create a Whatsapp group for those who were shortlisted for the MPP programme at the Willy Brandt School under the DAAD Helmut Schmidt scheme. We'll use this to talk about and prepare for the upcoming interview. Please let me know if you have been shortlisted and would want to join the group. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I have been shortlisted. Do you know anything about the interview though? The e-mail says that they *might* interview some candidates and, in this case, they would get in touch. They didn't contact me until now but I guess having an idea on what the interview is about would be nice. Do you know any other shortlisted candidate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, policycurious said:

Hey, I have been shortlisted. Do you know anything about the interview though? The e-mail says that they *might* interview some candidates and, in this case, they would get in touch. They didn't contact me until now but I guess having an idea on what the interview is about would be nice. Do you know any other shortlisted candidate?

By "until now" you mean today? Curious as to whether all shortlisted candidates have been contacted (though I suppose they have)

Edited by MarcoB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, policycurious said:

Hey, I have been shortlisted. Do you know anything about the interview though? The e-mail says that they *might* interview some candidates and, in this case, they would get in touch. They didn't contact me until now but I guess having an idea on what the interview is about would be nice. Do you know any other shortlisted candidate?

Hello. I have not heard back from WBS about the interview. You are correct that the e-mail says "might" so there is a possibility that only some of us getting interviewed. Did you mean that they contacted you just now about the interview or about the shortlist? Yes, I know two other shortlisted candidates.

Edited by KevinC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KevinC. said:

Hello. I have not heard back from WBS about the interview. You are correct that the e-mail says "might" so there is a possibility that only some of us getting interviewed. Did you mean that they contacted you just now about the interview or about the shortlist? Yes, I know two other shortlisted candidates.

I received the e-mail informing that I had been shortlisted AND that they might interview candidates some days ago. I have sent my documents today. This is the first time I apply for WBS so idk how things roll but maybe it would be nice to know if they interview candidates every year and what's the interview like from past candidates. Were the other people contacted about the interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, policycurious said:

I received the e-mail informing that I had been shortlisted AND that they might interview candidates some days ago. I have sent my documents today. This is the first time I apply for WBS so idk how things roll but maybe it would be nice to know if they interview candidates every year and what's the interview like from past candidates. Were the other people contacted about the interview?

Got it. I asked a former DAAD PPGG scholarship recipient from University of Potsdam about the interview process. She said that Potsdam nor DAAD didn't interview her. But she believes that other schools do and that it might be a new process for this year's batch. As far as the other shortlisted candidate that I know of, he has not been contacted for an interview. Neither do I. Do you want to connect through Whatsapp along with another shortlisted candidate?

Edited by KevinC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AnotherPerspective said:

Hello! 
 

I have also been shortlisted to the program! Did anyone hear about the interviews?

Hello. Two of us got interview schedules already. It seems like WBS is still sending out interview emails. Do you want to join our Whatsapp group?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KevinC. said:

Hello. Two of us got interview schedules already. It seems like WBS is still sending out interview emails. Do you want to join our Whatsapp group?

I’d love to! Would be nice to share the anxiety! Hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AnotherPerspective said:

I’d love to! Would be nice to share the anxiety! Hahaha

Messaged you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CalvinMusewe said:

Hello what of Hertie school?

Hello. I only applied to WBS. The folks on our Whatsapp group applied to WBS also and other schools but Hertie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PublicPolicyNerd said:

Heyy! I was also shortlisted to the program! Did anyone already do their interviews? Who were the interviewers? 

Messaged you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 5:08 AM, PublicPolicyNerd said:

Heyy! I was also shortlisted to the program! Did anyone already do their interviews? Who were the interviewers? 

I was interviewed on Wednesday. Two program coordinators interviewed me. How about you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.