Shortlisted for DAAD Helmut 2020 at Willy Brandt School

KevinC.

Hi. I am planning to create a Whatsapp group for those who were shortlisted for the MPP programme at the Willy Brandt School under the DAAD Helmut Schmidt scheme. We'll use this to talk about and prepare for the upcoming interview. Please let me know if you have been shortlisted and would want to join the group. Thank you!

Hey, I have been shortlisted. Do you know anything about the interview though? The e-mail says that they *might* interview some candidates and, in this case, they would get in touch. They didn't contact me until now but I guess having an idea on what the interview is about would be nice. Do you know any other shortlisted candidate?

2 hours ago, policycurious said:

Hey, I have been shortlisted. Do you know anything about the interview though? The e-mail says that they *might* interview some candidates and, in this case, they would get in touch. They didn't contact me until now but I guess having an idea on what the interview is about would be nice. Do you know any other shortlisted candidate?

By "until now" you mean today? Curious as to whether all shortlisted candidates have been contacted (though I suppose they have)

Edited by MarcoB

7 hours ago, policycurious said:

Hello. I have not heard back from WBS about the interview. You are correct that the e-mail says "might" so there is a possibility that only some of us getting interviewed. Did you mean that they contacted you just now about the interview or about the shortlist? Yes, I know two other shortlisted candidates.

Edited by KevinC.

33 minutes ago, KevinC. said:

Hello. I have not heard back from WBS about the interview. You are correct that the e-mail says "might" so there is a possibility that only some of us getting interviewed. Did you mean that they contacted you just now about the interview or about the shortlist? Yes, I know two other shortlisted candidates.

I received the e-mail informing that I had been shortlisted AND that they might interview candidates some days ago. I have sent my documents today. This is the first time I apply for WBS so idk how things roll but maybe it would be nice to know if they interview candidates every year and what's the interview like from past candidates. Were the other people contacted about the interview?

2 hours ago, policycurious said:

I received the e-mail informing that I had been shortlisted AND that they might interview candidates some days ago. I have sent my documents today. This is the first time I apply for WBS so idk how things roll but maybe it would be nice to know if they interview candidates every year and what's the interview like from past candidates. Were the other people contacted about the interview?

Got it. I asked a former DAAD PPGG scholarship recipient from University of Potsdam about the interview process. She said that Potsdam nor DAAD didn't interview her. But she believes that other schools do and that it might be a new process for this year's batch. As far as the other shortlisted candidate that I know of, he has not been contacted for an interview. Neither do I. Do you want to connect through Whatsapp along with another shortlisted candidate?

Edited by KevinC.

7 hours ago, AnotherPerspective said:

Hello! 

I have also been shortlisted to the program! Did anyone hear about the interviews?

Hello. Two of us got interview schedules already. It seems like WBS is still sending out interview emails. Do you want to join our Whatsapp group?

On 11/5/2019 at 5:08 AM, PublicPolicyNerd said:

Heyy! I was also shortlisted to the program! Did anyone already do their interviews? Who were the interviewers? 

I was interviewed on Wednesday. Two program coordinators interviewed me. How about you?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear All, 

nice to meet you :) seems the final decision was made and you (or a part of you) have successfully enrolled *fingers crossed* to HSP 2020 at Willy Brandt School. Could you please add me to the What's app group? I was also shortlisted and interviewed :)

Edited by arewhana