St Augustine Interview

I haven't seen anyone post about St Augustine in a while so I figured I'd start a new thread! I'm going to the Dallas interview on November 8th :) anybody else? Hoping we can connect and share our excitement together for these next steps in the process!

Good Luck! I was thinking of applying for the fall. What does it mean that they are a candidate for accreditation? I live in California and wondering if this would work out for licensing here.

Thank you so much! I've read a lot about USA on here and it means they are a new school and they're in the process of getting accredited by ASHA. Every school had to do it at some point. I saw on a previous thread that someone had called ASHA and they're state's licensing department and both said there will be no negative impact as a student when you apply for CCC's if you graduate from a university that is a candidate for accreditation. If you can you should register for one of their webinars. They explain the process a lot better than I can lol. I'm also from California and because they're a newer school and working on accreditation they can only accept applicants from about 15 states because of licensing when it comes to clinic placements. Hope that was helpful :)

I will also be attending the interview in Dallas on Nov 8th! I am so thrilled!

Yes, USAHS's MS-SLP program is currently a candidate for accreditation, which all schools have to go through at some point. I believe they have to be in good standing during the candidacy process for 5 years before being fully accredited; however it does not hinder your ability to earn your CCC's if you graduate from a program that is still in candidacy status.  They explained this during the webinar (which they have every few months or so). I'm also from California and it is one of the few states that they currently can accept students from based on contractual arrangements for clinical placements.  Definitely join in on one of their informational webinars; they explain the details of their program really thoroughly and are so friendly!

• 5 months later...
On 10/22/2019 at 8:14 PM, jsieges said:

I haven't seen anyone post about St Augustine in a while so I figured I'd start a new thread! I'm going to the Dallas interview on November 8th :) anybody else? Hoping we can connect and share our excitement together for these next steps in the process!

Hi there!!! I know its been a while since you interview. I hope your interview went well and really hope you got accepted ?. I am going to interview with RMU this Monday was was wondering if you were willing to share your interview experience and questions so I can better prepare myself. Thank you in advance!!! 

On 4/12/2020 at 1:06 AM, ItowinSLP said:

Did anyone get accepted into St Augustine for fall 2020?

Unfortunately not, very sad - instead i found a job in UK, hopefully starting after all this weirdness in the world at them moment