Statement of Purpose Title/Headings

PsychPhdBound

This may be a really stupid question, but this application process has made me feel like I'm losing my mind a bit, so it's fitting. Am I supposed to include a heading/title on the statement of purpose? And does that count as part of the word count? Is it included in the header or as part of the body? Do you use a running header? Include your name? I have been so focused on content that I havent considered formatting. 

53 minutes ago, PsychPhdBound said:

This may be a really stupid question, but this application process has made me feel like I'm losing my mind a bit, so it's fitting. Am I supposed to include a heading/title on the statement of purpose? And does that count as part of the word count? Is it included in the header or as part of the body? Do you use a running header? Include your name? I have been so focused on content that I havent considered formatting. 

Hi! I also feel like I'm losing my mind, so you are definitely not alone. In my statement of purpose, I included a heading as part of the body (only on the first page) and as a header in the margin (that repeats on every page). For the heading in the body, I just have my name on the far left with "Statement of Purpose" on the far right with a line underneath everything. I am still working on personalizing the template that I made for each school, but I will probably add the school/program name to the heading as well. I also do not think that the heading would count as part of the word count, but I could be wrong. In my header, I just have my last name on the far right with page numbers. I hope this helps!