Hi everyone,

Im in the middle of the process of applying to clinical psych phd's and I'm really starting to freak out. I'm only applying to funded programs, so they're more competitive (not outrageously but most are top 20). I graduated with a BA in psych and i'm in a masters program now. My undergrad overall gpa was 3.48 but psych GPA was 3.8. My masters has been a really challenging program (intentionally not taking grade-inflated classes and also working in addition to being in a lab), so my gpa is about a 3.6. I have really strong letters of rec, about 4 years of research experience with numerous posters, and additionally my current masters thesis is a data analysis that my mentor wants to submit for publication. I have one official publication and two publications that are currently under review (one which I am first authoring).

My biggest concern is I feel like my statements, research experience and letters of rec are the only thing my application has to offer.... In addition to my meh GPA, I am continuously getting low GRE scores, even with practice. I know I'm not stupid, but I've never been the best at standardized testing ? Most of the programs I'm applying to are a good research fit, but I'm just scared by GRE will be the nail in my coffin and will immediately deter programs from even looking at me. I guess I'd just like to know some honest opinions, or if anyone else out there has had/or is having a similar experience to me? They really expect us PhD applicants to walk on water lol ? 

I appreciate any and all advice or comments.

Edited by ssg123