JHU SAIS/Columbia SIPA/Tufts Fletcher Early Notification (Fall 2020)

QP6161

32 minutes ago, cbrrj said:

I applied for sais early notification and I didn’t received any email asking for that. Did you chose on your application? Because I did 

I marked that I'd be open to either DC or Bologna. Did you specify which campus you wanted from the outset, or did you also select that you were open to both?

34 minutes ago, djd2580 said:

I thought so too. What should I be hoping for in terms of funding from them? Just to see whether or not i should be trying to negotiate.

Not sure for that program specifically, but I have heard that SIPA isn't always great with funding (but anecdotally, I'll admit). May as well try to negotiate, worst possible outcome is status quo.

8 hours ago, AaBbAa said:

Did you guys submit GRE scores to Fletcher? I didn’t and not sure if I should.

I didn’t because I got the sense when I visited that they genuinely didn’t care. I think if you got a really good score it’s probably worth sending, but otherwise I think it’s not very important. 

15 hours ago, QP6161 said:

I didn’t because I got the sense when I visited that they genuinely didn’t care. I think if you got a really good score it’s probably worth sending, but otherwise I think it’s not very important. 

What would you consider a good score?

Did those applying early to SAIS receive an email confirming that all elements of your application were complete? I received the submission confirmation but never the second email that the submission confirmation told me I ought to receive

1 hour ago, cava90 said:

Did those applying early to SAIS receive an email confirming that all elements of your application were complete? I received the submission confirmation but never the second email that the submission confirmation told me I ought to receive

I got an email the day I sent my app in saying that my app was complete and was being reviewed and that they’d reach out if anything else was needed. I’d check to see what your app status page says. 

1 hour ago, cava90 said:

Did you check off on the app that you were open to both sais dc and sais Europe? 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, AaBbAa said:

Just got a letter of admission to Fletcher! Super happy!!

Now the long wait for financial aid :(

Same here, congrats! And agreed, but be sure to enjoy the win in the meantime!

25 minutes ago, Seth.gillespie said:

Congrats to you both, I got deferred to the regular pool of applicants. Shouldn't be surprised because I don't have the best foreign language background. But, I'm hopeful for SAIS next week, I think my interview went really well!

Sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for you. Do you know that SAIS will be notifying next week?