From your research experience...

LivtheLeo

Which schools do you feel as though you will gain the most experience/insight into the field and why? I am currently applying to a couple of universities and this forum has really helped me out with gaining an interpretation of how each program is similar and different. I.E. One of the schools I am applying to is definitely more social advocacy and theory based but I want to learn more about counseling and etc.

Look for schools that have tracks or concentrations in clinical social work. By nature, these will have greater focus on counseling. I also took a look at what courses they offer to see which and how many therapeutic modalities they offer. Off the top of my head, Boston College and Columbia have a strong clinical programs and offer many modalities. 

I second LisaOh's comment. I can only speak to NYC schools, but I've heard NYU is more clinically focused than Columbia, and much more than Hunter College.

You could probably get information about what kind of placements are most common at schools you're interested in, or ask for stats on where most people end up working after graduation, to see if it's more counseling/clinical or policy.