Should I send POIs I visited "Thanks for meeting, I just submitted an app" emails?

Jub.jub

I visited POIs at half of the schools I'm applying to. Most of the visits were really good; they gave good advice, and I really got to understand their research better. I'm thinking of sending them "Thank you for meeting with me; I just submitted an application" emails. 

I'm genuinely appreciative, and I definitely thanked them in person for letting me visit, but I haven't emailed any of them since (except for one guy whose group meetings I attended), and so I'm afraid sending those emails would come across as bad-taste, "Hey, please advocate for me :)" messages. 

Any thoughts? 

Hey Jub.jub,

Like GettingDemReactions said, the time to email them was right after you met with them, or back in August or September (something like: "Hi, we met previously, I was impressed, I am beginning the process of applying for next fall, please look out for my application.") Emailing them now probably isn't a good look.

On 12/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, Jub.jub said:

Any thoughts? 

I agree with the previous posts.

If you still want to express your appreciation, I recommend that you wait until you find out where you've been offered admissions and where you haven't. Then send a thank you note. Make sure that you convey how interacting with the person to whom you're writing made you a stronger applicant over all. Be specific if possible.

Under no circumstances should you express anything that sounds like sour grapes.