April 15th

astorian

Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused about the whole April 15th deadline. I've received two acceptances. After the first one I spoke to my adviser, and he said that I actually had a year to accept. As for the other one (Teachers College), they gave me a deadline of March 15th, and haven't given me any idea about financial aid yet. I'll likely not have heard back from all my schools by then; NYU and Columbia Graduate Schools of Arts and Sciences (I'm a Psychology applicant) say they'll notify in mid to late March. Teachers College isn't listed on the Council of Graduate Schools list of colleges who have agreed to the April 15th deadline.

Plus, the CGS resolution refers to financial aid more than just regular acceptance.

What does it all mean? Do I have to accept everywhere (which would include sending them a non-refundable deposit) and then back out later? Should I contact Teachers College?

Anyone with a better understanding of the CGS resolution, please help!

Thanks! And good luck to everyone!

I definitely will call, especially if it gets too close to the deadline... I just would like to have a better understanding of the April 15th resolution, what exactly it applies to (it reads like it is only relevant for financial aid offers).

Turns out that Teachers College is giving me until April 15th. Why they post earlier dates on their acceptance letters, I do not know. That should give me enough time to hear from the other schools.

I still am curious about when I should expect to hear about funding, too. I'd like to know that info before accepting anywhere. When do people normally hear about aid, if it doesn't come with the letter?

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use