Electrical Engineering Fall 2020 PhD Admission Results Page

ghcska

Hello everyone! 

I have a question about Stanford EE. In the portal, at the checklist there is some comment about verification of official transcript. Does the mark "Received(official)" have a meaning? or is the comment just nothing important?

Nice one guys!

I'm an international applicant with a MSc degree. I applied to the following PhD programs with focus on Power systems/Smart grid research 

1. Stanford (Electrical)

2. UC Berkeley (Electrical)

3. Caltech (Computing and Mathematical Sciences)

4  University of Michigan (Electrical)

5. Princeton (Electrical)

6. Cornell (Electrical)

7. Carnegie Mellon (Electrical)

8. Georgia Tech (Electrical)

9. New York University (Electrical)

10. UC Los Angeles (Electrical)

11. UC San Diego (Mechanical)

12. UT Austin (Electrical)

13.UW Madison (Electrical)

Rejected at Princeton. Anticipates rejection from Stanford and UC Berkeley since I had no interview invitation. 

As it stands, considering significant fit with a good number of faculties in the programs I've applied to, the most realistic acceptances I'm anticipating are from: U of Michigan, Carnegie Mellon, NYU, UT Austin and UW Madison in that order.

Specifically, since U of Michigan, is my top choice as it stands, I've called all available phone numbers to inquire if and when admission decisions will be out. Unfortunately, no meaningful response was received.

Congratulations to those of you who have been invited to visit U of Michigan. Kindly help a colleague with whatever information becomes available to you at whatever stage of the admission process. 

Best wishes to everyone of us!

Edited by bamigbadeabdullahikehinde

Hi PhD applicants 

Did anyone hear a confirmation from Purdue (EECS) or Cornell (EECS)  . I actually not heard from any of my potential supervisors from US schools except 2 interviews at MIT media labs and an admit from Cambridge . Are the results of Purdue (EECS) and Cornell(EECS)  first round out .

Edited by shaik

16 hours ago, shaik said:

Hi PhD applicants 

Did anyone hear a confirmation from Purdue (EECS) or Cornell (EECS)  . I actually not heard from any of my potential supervisors from US schools except 2 interviews at MIT media labs and an admit from Cambridge . Are the results of Purdue (EECS) and Cornell(EECS)  first round out .

Hi!

I heard back from Purdue last week :). Hopefully they get back to you soon!

Has anyone heard from UIUC though?

Edited by mysteriousmartel

10 hours ago, mysteriousmartel said:

Hi!

I heard back from Purdue last week :). Hopefully they get back to you soon!

Has anyone heard from UIUC though?

I haven't heard anything from UIUC, I applied on Dec 15 and I'm international :( I also applied to BU, NYU Tandon and Stevens, still nothing so far, total radio silence :(

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything from UCSB EE (I'm applying for the photonics track)?

I spoke quite a bit with a POI before applying, but haven't heard anything since sending along an updated transcript in January....

Good luck to all!

Edited by soze

• 2 months later...

I was waitlisted on the 9th of April by Notre Dame, PhD EEE Program. It was clearly stated that i will hear from them by April 15th  but i haven't had any decision from them. I emailed the DGS and GC last week but no reply. What really is happening ?