Electrical Engineering Fall 2020 PhD Admission Results Page

ghcska

I didn't see a thread for this year's electrical engineering applicants, so I figured I'd start one :)

Places where I applied: UC Berkeley EECS, Princeton EE, Cornell EE, MIT EECS, Yale EE, Stanford EE (all PhD)

Hopefully we can share when and what we hear back. I know apps were just due a little while ago, but I'm already stressing out haha

Good luck everyone!

Yay let's get this going.

You're aiming very high without any safer school, good luck bro.

For me I'm applying to UIUC, Boston U, UofToronto, UofWaterloo (MASc) and YorkU (MASc)

I haven't heard from anywhere either, sigh.

Edited by thean

9 hours ago, thean said:

Yay let's get this going.

You're aiming very high without any safer school, good luck bro.

For me I'm applying to UIUC, Boston U, UofToronto, UofWaterloo (MASc) and YorkU (MASc)

I haven't heard from anywhere either, sigh.

Haha yep I know. I'm pretty happy working where I am currently, so I only targeted my dream schools for this round of apps. Hope I get into at least one lol

Almost everywhere (at least where I applied) said they begin to review the applications in early January, so I don't think there's need for concern yet.

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, thean said:

It's Jan and all schools should be back to business starting today, I just wonder have anyone heard anything yet?

Nope, I haven't heard anything yet :(

Someone on the Results page said they got an interview from MIT, but it's not clear what field they are in.

Just got an invitation for a skype interview!

Does anyone know how far in advance to schedule interviews? I'd love to have the weekend to prepare and do it next week, but I'm not sure if that's waiting too long ?

On 1/8/2020 at 8:03 PM, ghcska said:

Just got an invitation for a skype interview!

Does anyone know how far in advance to schedule interviews? I'd love to have the weekend to prepare and do it next week, but I'm not sure if that's waiting too long ?

From which school you got the invitation for interview?

I've applied to Purdue, UIUC, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State and Mizzou for a PhD focusing on electromagnetics. I only applied to Midwest schools for family reasons.

So far, I've gotten admission offers (no mention of funding yet) from Ohio State and Mizzou.

I've been invited to open-house type visits (with funding for travel and interviews with faculty) to Michigan, Wisconsin, and the ESL at Ohio State, but they all fall on the same dates. I made plans to visit Michigan before I was invited to the other two.

I've been contacted by individual professors from Purdue and Mizzou.

The only school I haven't heard back from yet is UIUC, which is ironic because it's my Alma Mater. I think it's still fairly early in the process though, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet.

On 1/13/2020 at 9:29 PM, felixjoyce said:

Has anyone heard back from Stanford about interviews?

Nope :( I emailed the Stanford EE admissions and they said an interview isn't required for admission. And it seems there are fewer reports of Stanford interviews on gradcafe compared to other years. So hopefully not getting an interview doesn't mean a total reject.

3 hours ago, ecemag said:

I've applied to Purdue, UIUC, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State and Mizzou for a PhD focusing on electromagnetics. I only applied to Midwest schools for family reasons.

So far, I've gotten admission offers (no mention of funding yet) from Ohio State and Mizzou.

I've been invited to open-house type visits (with funding for travel and interviews with faculty) to Michigan, Wisconsin, and the ESL at Ohio State, but they all fall on the same dates. I made plans to visit Michigan before I was invited to the other two.

The only school I haven't heard back from yet is UIUC, which is ironic because it's my Alma Mater. I think it's still fairly early in the process though, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet.

Congrats on your acceptances! That's awesome :)

4 minutes ago, ghcska said:

Congrats on your acceptances! That's awesome :)

Thanks! And good luck on your admissions! 

I'm in a similar situation as you. Working at a decent job. But I'm 10 years post-bachelors, so if I want to go back to school, now is the time before I forget everything.

13 hours ago, ecemag said:

Big congrats, I am also anxiously waiting to hear anything from UIUC

Hello Everyone! 

Here's my list. All Ph.D. in EE
MIT, Stanford, CalTech, Princeton, Michigan, UCLA, UCSB.

So far, I've had two Skype interviews from Princeton, one with the POI and the other with a different committee member. I was invited to the Michigan visit weekend next month, and I have a Skype interview next week with the POI from UCLA.

Extremely anxious about MIT, but glad to have found this thread. Good luck everyone! 

Hello Everyone! 

MIT, UC Berkeley, Stanford, Michigan, and Georgia Tech are my main schools of interest.

So far, I have gotten accepted to MIT, UC Berkeley, and Georgia Tech. I was also invited to the Michigan visit weekend. Will update if I hear anything else from Stanford or Michigan.

Good luck everyone!

12 hours ago, -RL said:

Hello Everyone! 

MIT, UC Berkeley, Stanford, Michigan, and Georgia Tech are my main schools of interest.

So far, I have gotten accepted to MIT, UC Berkeley, and Georgia Tech. I was also invited to the Michigan visit weekend. Will update if I hear anything else from Stanford or Michigan.

Good luck everyone!

When did you get acceptance notifications/emails from MIT and UC Berkeley ?

UPDATE:

Accepted to Princeton! Offered the Presidents Fellowship.

The UMichigan Prospective student visit is next week, and I have another interview with the PoI from UCLA the following week. 

No word from MIT, Stanford, CalTech, UCSB. The consensus seems to be that no word from MIT at this point is effectively a rejection. Really sad about that.

Good luck everyone!