Berkeley JSP (Ph.D.) 2020

Realcdz

3 hours ago, shyareene said:

No problem!! I didn't hear so Im assuming I didn't get in. COngratulations though im so happy for you!! I'd love to hear your tips on what you think worked for you, as I"ll be reapplying :)

Well I think in my case prior contact with faculty had a big importance, and the fact that they might have been familiar with some of the people who wrote my LORs. Also, it really helps to talk with current students who can shed light on the department and relevant faculty members you might have missed out (you're welcome to make contact with me next year). I think for every program - the more inside knowledge the better. 

I will say though that as time goes by I am increasingly unsure of JSP's positioning for later placement - I think that for people with a law undergraduate degree/JD perhaps going to a disciplinary program might be even more advantageous.

• 10 months later...
On 2/14/2020 at 3:10 PM, Morning123 said:

Yup I did, sorry for the late update :(

International! Would be very happy to talk to others thinking of going (and locals too of course):) 

I am looking forward to apply 21/22. Is it possible to talk to you re the application process?