GRE Prep

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for how to study for the GRE. My GPA is strong but standardized testing has never been my thing so I'm trying to get a head start on studying. I've been looking at getting Magoosh online prep (they're having a sale right now so it's currently affordable) so if anyone has any experience using that program specifically please let me know. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by erg2021

I have a lot of friends that used the Magoosh app for math and found it really helpful! When I registered for the GRE, I was able to get some practice tests at the same time (PowerPrep, I think it was called?), and I also bought the Official GRE Super Power Pack (books) from ETS ($35 on Amazon at the time). I used the math book in the power pack to review geometry and did a lot of the practice problems in the book as well. I think the most helpful thing for me was just doing problems and practice tests-- getting used to the types of questions they ask, how to read them, etc. I would definitely recommend doing at least a couple practice tests (and yes, make yourself write the essays!).

I highly recommend taking multiple practice tests, where you give yourself the full allotted time! For the math, there's a dozen of math practice questions that I would recommend taking on the Magoosh site.

For vocabulary, which is going to be very reflective of your abilities as an SLP, look up "High Frequency GRE Vocab" https://quizlet.com/42069269/top-50-high-frequency-gre-words-flash-cards/. This helped me a lot, especially when I was cramming on time and couldn't look at the 300+ words.