Yet another "What are the Chances?"

Chemicontroller

Graduated 2017 with BSc in Chemical Engineering 3.0 GPA from a 3rd world country.

No relevant work experience,

Taught in a local college class 11 & 12 for two years,

IELTS 7

GRE 322 (Q-169,V-153, AWA-3.0)

One design project and 15 day hands on training with some 1/2 day training workshops. 

Very good with MATLAB and other computational works.

Should I Apply to graduate school? Could you suggest me some professors or universities?

Stats are Ok but there are much bigger questions. What are your research interests? Are you aiming for masters or PhD programs? You definitely have very reasonable odds at chemical engineering programs ranked 50-100 and I would apply to a few higher ranked ones as well. But most important thing is to figure out what you actually want to work on and that's not something people can easily recommend without you providing more info. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 9:30 PM, heistotron said:

Stats are Ok but there are much bigger questions. What are your research interests? Are you aiming for masters or PhD programs? You definitely have very reasonable odds at chemical engineering programs ranked 50-100 and I would apply to a few higher ranked ones as well. But most important thing is to figure out what you actually want to work on and that's not something people can easily recommend without you providing more info. 

I want to thank you first for sharing your views on my question. Appreciate it. 
Now coming back to the topicI want to work on Chemical Process Control and thinking about getting a PhD if I find suitable programs. I am very skeptic about my chances for lower gpa and for the lack of work experience. Do you think these will matter? And  will you recommend me some Universities in particular? Thanks in Advance. 

Wow your stats nearly matches mine, I am also from a 3rd world country in Asia and I'm applying to ECE/EECS at those schools:

- US: UIUC, Boston U, NYU Tandon, Stevens
UIUC and Boston chances are pretty meh, Tandon is a bit better I think, Stevens is my only real hope for US

- Canada: UWaterloo (meh chance), YorkU and MUN (pretty better chance I guess)

So yeah I'm also applying for a couple of jobs, always nice to have a backup plan ...