GPA conversion

van_j

Guys I need urgent help! I am applying to materials science and engineering department of texas a&m university and their application requires me to convert my GPA by multiplying it with amount of credit earned. The problem is I do not know anything about the credit system. My undergraduate institution (Panjab University) does not have a credit system and hence I don't know how much credit hours I have earned during my bachelor's degree. Also, TAMU's website states that "Total credit hours are the total amount of hours earned for coursework completed on your official transcript." I have no idea what that means! When i contacted them asking that "is it correct that number of hours per week = credit of a course?" they replied that "credits of a course are not credits per week they are the amount of credits for the entire term of the course". Wow *eye roll*. Please help I am freaking out.

How much time do you have? There's an official site called World Education Services that converts your grades to US grades from whatever is the country of origin. It is NOT free to send a report to your school though. I was required to use it years ago to change my international high school grades to US equivalent. Maybe it can help you.