Profile evaluation

van_j

I know it is pretty late but I just want to know if I should apply to more safe universities. 

Undergraduate institution: Reputed university in India

GPA: 60.75% (can't convert to US GPA as i am not sure which formula is correct)

Master's from a private university.

GPA: 3.7

Interested course: Ph.D. in materials science 

Research experience: I have done a 2 month project which led me to file a patent, a 4 month project (I am currently writing this paper) and there is another project going on right now. All these projects are related to my field of interest and were done in my postgraduate university. i have done no internships. I do have a book chapter that was accepted for publication by Springer International Publishers. Along with that I have presented a poster in an international conference.

GRE: 163 q 163 v

TOEFL: 111

Applied to: Uni of Michigan, Uni of Colorado Boulder, Georgia Tech (chemistry department), Casewestern Reserve (chem department), Texas A&M (currently struggling with the application), Uni of Delaware (considering to apply)

Can you please suggest me where else to apply. Although deadlines for most of the universities are over but there might be some left. I am very confused whether I should aim higher or lower. Should I apply to universities having rank < 500. Please help!