OISE Fall 2020 MACSE (MA Child Study and Education)

mari.pd

Hi everyone, it looks as if cohort groups in previous years start a topic forum and use it as a type of support group while we wait to hear back from OISE. I haven't seen a topic for Fall 2020 applications, so I thought I started one. I was wondering if anyone has received an invitation for an interview from the MA Child Study and Education program? 

• 3 weeks later...

I received and Applicant Survey yesterday, but that was it. According to past year forums, interviews take place sometime during the last week of January and the first of February, so here's to hoping we get word back soon?!

@mari.pd Thanks for creating this forum! I was about to do the same. 

I received my interview offer on January 16, and it was originally scheduled for the morning of January 25. As I am not in Toronto right now they offered me a Skype interview, which I completed this morning, January 29. 

I am hoping I will hear back soon - and that it’s good news! 

On 1/25/2020 at 7:42 AM, Jb1234 said:

Hi everyone! I received an email for an interview last Friday, and my interview is today. 

Hey! How do you think it went? What’s your general sense of the interview process and purpose?

4 hours ago, ARose said:

@mari.pd Thanks for creating this forum! I was about to do the same. 

I received my interview offer on January 16, and it was originally scheduled for the morning of January 25. As I am not in Toronto right now they offered me a Skype interview, which I completed this morning, January 29. 

I am hoping I will hear back soon - and that it’s good news! 

Congrats on your interview @ARose!! How was it??

1 hour ago, mari.pd said:

Congrats on your interview @ARose!! How was it??

Thank you, @mari.pd! :)  I was of course a bit nervous but did my best to be relaxed and answer well. I think it went fine but who knows - I suppose I’ll find out over the next month or so! I do hope I find out sooner than later but we will see what happens! 

2 hours ago, ARose said:

Hey all - how did interviews go for folks? And have any of you heard back? Thanks!

MT was my first choice but I also had an interview for macse that went well. Got accepted to the MT this morning and was notified via email but didn’t hear back for macse yet.

I had my interview for MA-CSE on February 1st and recieved an unofficial acceptance on February 7th! I got an official acceptance letter for the MT (P/J) on February 5th.

I'm not too sure on how to reply to posts yet, but the reception is said to take place in the following month!

Congratulations to those who have been accepted and best of luck to those still waiting. Fingers crossed! ?

17 minutes ago, coffee247 said:

I had my interview for MA-CSE on February 1st and recieved an unofficial acceptance on February 7th! I got an official acceptance letter for the MT (P/J) on February 5th.

I'm not too sure on how to reply to posts yet, but the reception is said to take place in the following month!

Congratulations to those who have been accepted and best of luck to those still waiting. Fingers crossed! ?

Hi there,

Congratulations to your acceptance!!! Is that possible for you to share your basic academic or work backgrounds with us?

Many thanks! 

8 hours ago, leeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

Hi there,

Congratulations to your acceptance!!! Is that possible for you to share your basic academic or work backgrounds with us?

Many thanks! 

Thank you!

I have a BA and graduated with a 3.9 GPA. As for work experience, I have 2 years of paid teaching experience and 4 years of volunteer experience in different teaching roles and counselling roles (peer counsellor, exchange student support, teacher assistant, etc.)

I'm also currently employed in a teaching position. 

Hope that was of some help!

I had my interview for MA-CSE on February 1st and received an unofficial acceptance on February 7th! Congratulations to those that have been accepted and I hope those who are waiting hear back soon! ?

7 minutes ago, mich68 said:

I had my interview for MA-CSE on February 1st and received an unofficial acceptance on February 7th! Congratulations to those that have been accepted and I hope those who are waiting hear back soon! ?

Congratulations! ?? 

Will you be attending the Welcome Reception?

Hey everyone, I'm glad I found this forum. Congratulations to those that got admitted?! Unfortunately, I still haven't received an interview invite, so I'm thinking it's not going to happen for me since most of you are already getting admission offers. I thought having a 3.9 GPA, 7+ years experience working at a school and having a leadership position as well would grant me at least an interview, but I guess not. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back!!

Hi all - it was great to see all the posts here after it went quiet for awhile!

For anyone still waiting and for those who will check this forum in future years - as I checked last year’s to gauge the timeline, which was very helpful, here’s my timeline of events:

1. Jan 16: email notifying me of my interview Jan 25. 

2. Jan 27: As I was not in or near Toronto, my interview was eventually rescheduled to be done via Skype.

3. Jan 29: Skype interview with two interviewers.

4. Feb 7: As per last year’s timeline, the first round of acceptance emails went out the Friday AM after both Saturdays of interviews, and that’s when I received my unofficial acceptance.

5. Feb 10: I received my notice of decision email from SGS on Monday afternoon (first thing in the AM in EST). Official acceptance document on my SGS account. 

The Welcome Reception is being held Tuesday, March 10th, 5-6:30PM. I won’t be in town but hope all enjoy it who can go!

Happy to answer any questions anyone may have. Based on last year, acceptances go out through March, as well as waitlist notifications. Anyone with insight on the continued process, please do post to alleviate anxiety of those in our place in future! :) 

Thanks for your contributions, everyone! All the best!

Edited by ARose

On 2/8/2020 at 9:46 AM, Optimusbee said:

Hey everyone, I'm glad I found this forum. Congratulations to those that got admitted?! Unfortunately, I still haven't received an interview invite, so I'm thinking it's not going to happen for me since most of you are already getting admission offers. I thought having a 3.9 GPA, 7+ years experience working at a school and having a leadership position as well would grant me at least an interview, but I guess not. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back!!

I’m sorry to hear that. When did you apply?