Hello!! Does anyone have any experience writing motivational statements for Dutch universities? I'm an American applying for a Masters at the Universiteit van Amsterdam and I'd really appreciate anyone who can give it a look-over and offer some advice I might have missed. I've never applied for an international university so I have no real way of knowing if I'm approaching it the right way. 

Thank you so much, and good luck all!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! not sure if this is still useful for you, but I'm a student from the Netherlands, so I may be of some help. I also had to write a motivational statement for my master's degree, but the process might be somewhat different for international students. I can look over your statement for you if you want!. Do you know how competitive the master's degree is that you're applying to? It varies a lot in the Netherlands.

On 2/6/2020 at 10:55 PM, JojoSiewe said:

Hi! not sure if this is still useful for you, but I'm a student from the Netherlands, so I may be of some help. I also had to write a motivational statement for my master's degree, but the process might be somewhat different for international students. I can look over your statement for you if you want!. Do you know how competitive the master's degree is that you're applying to? It varies a lot in the Netherlands.

Hi! Unfortunately I had to send in my application already but I truly appreciate the offer. I honestly have no gauge on how competitive the program is. It's at UvA for their MSc in Conflict Resolution and Governance; the website states it's competitive so I really only can take their word for it. I applied to a similar program at Utrecht University which said something similar as well, so we'll see I guess!

• 1 year later...
On 2/11/2020 at 9:14 AM, sophia2398 said:

Hi! Unfortunately I had to send in my application already but I truly appreciate the offer. I honestly have no gauge on how competitive the program is. It's at UvA for their MSc in Conflict Resolution and Governance; the website states it's competitive so I really only can take their word for it. I applied to a similar program at Utrecht University which said something similar as well, so we'll see I guess!

Hello! I know it's a year later but I applied to both of these programs and am wondering what your results were? Did you receive any scholarships and did you end up attending either school?

8 minutes ago, fkeod021 said:

Hello! I know it's a year later but I applied to both of these programs and am wondering what your results were? Did you receive any scholarships and did you end up attending either school?

Hey there! I’m really happy to say I got into both programs (no scholarships sadly) and I chose to go to Utrecht! Best decision I could have made, I’m unbelievably happy with this program and the professors are incredible. Wishing you the best of luck!

Just now, sophia2398 said:

Hey there! I’m really happy to say I got into both programs (no scholarships sadly) and I chose to go to Utrecht! Best decision I could have made, I’m unbelievably happy with this program and the professors are incredible. Wishing you the best of luck!

Wow, congratulations! Utrecht is my number one school, so that is great to hear about the program! I'm still waiting to hear back from them but if it ends up being good news, I might reach out to you again if that's alright. Thanks for replying!

On 3/2/2021 at 8:09 PM, sophia2398 said:

On 3/2/2021 at 8:12 PM, fkeod021 said:

Wow, congratulations! Utrecht is my number one school, so that is great to hear about the program! I'm still waiting to hear back from them but if it ends up being good news, I might reach out to you again if that's alright. Thanks for replying!

Hey @sophia2398, I just heard news that I was accepted to Utrecht! I was wondering if you may be willing to share more about your experience with the program and living in Utrecht? I'd be happy to talk privately if that's easier. Thanks again!