Online class for "Voice, Craniofacial and Fluency Disorders"

Hi everyone! I've applied to the University of Wisconsin - Madison and one of the prerequisites is CS&D 318: Voice, Craniofacial and Fluency Disorders. I was wondering whether anyone has taken this course online in the summer. It would be really helpful if you could comment below if you did as I'm having a hard time finding a place to take this course during the summer. I know the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire has one in the spring but not in the summer. Thank you all in advance for your help and time!

On 1/11/2020 at 1:13 PM, bezalel said:

Hi everyone! I've applied to the University of Wisconsin - Madison and one of the prerequisites is CS&D 318: Voice, Craniofacial and Fluency Disorders. I was wondering whether anyone has taken this course online in the summer. It would be really helpful if you could comment below if you did as I'm having a hard time finding a place to take this course during the summer. I know the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire has one in the spring but not in the summer. Thank you all in advance for your help and time!

Your best bet would probably be to get in charge with the admissions office/whoever is in charge of prereqs since that course is so unique. Usually that would be split up into at least two different courses for undergrad. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 4:17 PM, SLPmeplease said:

Actually, University of Wisconsin-Madison is asking for a course on “cleft palate/craniofacial anomalies” for me as a pre-req. Has anyone seen a course like that offered online? 

Yeah, generally most people wouldn't take a course specific to craniofacial anomalies until they're in grad school. Maybe you could take a grad class? Strange that they expect you to have taken going in, since the majority of undergrad programs don't offer it as a prereq. 

I feel you guys on this subject because most of the schools I applied to "favor" their own students because their own students have all of the prerequisites that they are looking for. It's odd, but that's why they're so competitive I guess. 

On 1/12/2020 at 9:22 PM, samiamslp said:

Your best bet would probably be to get in charge with the admissions office/whoever is in charge of prereqs since that course is so unique. Usually that would be split up into at least two different courses for undergrad. Best of luck!

Thanks so much for your recommendation! The admissions office actually told me that I could take it later, not before enrolling in the program.