ETH ESOP & Decisions

kaushik_b

My withdraw button disappeared earlier today,and I am applying for master programme at ETH. Does that mean I will hear from the admission office soon? How long does it usually take from the button disappearance to receive the news about admission? Thanks.

Edited by harry_fz

Hi there,

I thought I would share my experience as it may be helpful to others.  I applied to the Earth Sciences MSc program for Autumn 2020 as well as the ESOP.  On January 31st, I received an email to schedule my ESOP interview via skype.  The withdraw button disappeared from my application on February 3rd.  I had my skype interview on February 4th.  It lasted about 20 minutes and he mostly asked about my motivation to study at ETH, wanted to know more about my bachelor's program because I study at an American university, and we also discussed my pre-proposal for the master's thesis.  He also said acceptances for both the master's and the scholarship would likely be communicated in March.  This morning, February 6th, I received an email that I have been accepted into the Earth Sciences MSc program.  The withdraw button also reappeared today.

Hope this is helpful!  Good luck to everyone!

Hi all,

I've applied to MSc in RSC and ITET with ESOP and ETH-D for both programs. The withdraw button for ITET has disappeared on 11th Feb. And the next day, I have been informed to have been granted admission to ITET program via e-mail. I haven't heard anything about the scholarships and the withdraw button for RSC is still there. 

Does anybody know if it is still possible to get a scholarship after being admitted to the uni because, as far as I read, people first had their ESOP interviews and then were informed about the admission results?

I wish good luck to everybody.

8 hours ago, StressedOutApplicant said:

If I have not got an interview invite for ESOP yet, should I consider myself rejected? Do different programs send out invites separately?

Perhaps I am wrong saying this, but I would imagine that ESOP decisions come out at different times as certain departments take longer to respond than others.

19 hours ago, BioScott said:

The more I read of people’s applications from previous years, the less confident I feel. Definitely need to get applying to some other courses. Congrats to those who have got confirmation already!

Haha I may regret this, but can you send a link to these previous applications?

3 hours ago, E423A said:

Haha I may regret this, but can you send a link to these previous applications?

I was just looking at my course in the “results” tab. I’ve seen people with excellent GPAs, relevant research experience and published papers get rejected. Of course, there may be parts of their application that let them down. I won’t be so heart broken if I get rejected, but I’d appreciate it more if I get in ;)

58 minutes ago, tunococonut said:

Anyone applied for Computational Biology & Bioinformatics (CBB)? Seems to be the latest batch to be notified of the results according to the past year, but the wait is already killing me

We're in the same boat. We may not hear from them until the first week of March. :(