CAL STATE EAST BAY MSW 2020

Gelibutter

Hello everyone! 

Curious to see if anyone else applied to Cal State East Bay and has anyone heard back?? I applied in early Dec before the deadline and wanted to know if anyone knows when decisions will come out? I checked today Jan 23, 2020 and so far NADA.  

• 2 weeks later...

Update on when we should hear back. I emailed admissions and was told, " The timing of admissions decisions varies every year. It depends on how many applications we receive, as well as how quickly students accept their admission offer to the program. Generally speaking, we start sending out the first admissions offers in March, but the letters could be sent out as late as mid-May depending on how fast the process goes." 

Really sad to hear that we won't hear till March or even later given the fact that we submited the applications in early December. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

I just got an email today from my former professor at csueb whom wrote a letter of recommendation for me. She told me that they’re currently sending out letters in the mail. She didn’t elaborate more but I’m hoping it’s good news! Have you heard anything? Good luck! 

8 hours ago, Latinaxo said:

Hi, 

I just got an email today from my former professor at csueb whom wrote a letter of recommendation for me. She told me that they’re currently sending out letters in the mail. She didn’t elaborate more but I’m hoping it’s good news! Have you heard anything? Good luck! 

Really?? I called them yesterday and they told me they haven't mailed out anything yet b/c they have been swamped! They said they got over 200 something applications and that they only have 10 staff people going through every application by hand and that they determine that they won't start mailing anything until the end of March, but there's is a strong possibility that we won't hear anything until June. 

What is it?? I wanna know lol 

13 hours ago, Latinaxo said:

Hi, 

I was admitted to the MSW program! :)  I received the letter in the mail today and it got mailed on the 20th. Hope you get a letter soon. I have to submit my intent by this Friday. My status on my csueb hasn’t changed yet. Good luck!! 

OMFG YESSS!! A. CONGRaTS!!  and b. I'm glad they are mailing the letters!!!! When did you apply and where are you located??  Hopefully I hear back soon! And holy shit. They did not give you much time in regards to making a decision?? 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! :) so sorry for the late reply. Have you heard back? I applied the last day. I submitted the application in person. I’m located in San Jose, how about you? I’m still waiting on SJSU just in case. I’m still so stoked I got accepted at csueb! My alma mater. How about you? What other schools did you apply at?  

On 3/11/2020 at 12:01 AM, Latinaxo said:

Thank you! :) so sorry for the late reply. Have you heard back? I applied the last day. I submitted the application in person. I’m located in San Jose, how about you? I’m still waiting on SJSU just in case. I’m still so stoked I got accepted at csueb! My alma mater. How about you? What other schools did you apply at?  

Hi, 

Still no word in the snail mail for me! I also dropped off my application in person but I'm also still really confused.  Given the fact that from what the main office told me, they are starting to send out letters in the mail around this time now. What concentration did u apply to? Maybe since you had a professor who went there give you a letter of rec or the fact that you went there previously was why you got accepted early? How did the letter look like in the mail LOL was it a small letter or in one of those large envolopes? 

I'm also waiting on SJSU!!! I got accepted to u-wash but SJSU and East Bay are like my top. 

Hi there, 

I hope you hear back soon. I think you might still have a chance. I think they send the letters in groups. I heard they send 2 batches: first batch for students admitted on the first round, 2nd round for students admitted due to some of the first round students rejecting admission (I think around May?). I did my research for the previous years. If you look it up on here it’ll show up. 

I applied for the Children, Youth, and Family Concentration. How about you? What school/year did you graduate? Major? I graduated in 2014, majored in sociology. Maybe you’re right since I feel like most of Sjsu students have been accepted for the same reason. I feel like the personal statement and requirements also matter.  This was my first time applying to csueb. I’ve been rejected from Sjsu since 2017. It was a regular small envelope that’s why I’m super surprised I got in! It was only 2 pages! Where are you from? I’m with you on Sjsu and csueb being my top choices! Waiting to hear back from Sjsu as well. They take forever! Is this your first year applying? We should connect. Do you have ig? LinkedIn?

Congrats on getting into u-wash!!! For social work? 

stay safe out there! 

Hi, 

I was admitted to the MSW program! :)  I received the letter in the mail today and it got mailed on the 20th. Hope you get a letter soon. I have to submit my intent by this Friday. My status on my csueb hasn’t changed yet. Good luck!! 

Edited by Latinaxo

On 3/15/2020 at 10:13 AM, Latinaxo said:

Hi there, 

I hope you hear back soon. I think you might still have a chance. I think they send the letters in groups. I heard they send 2 batches: first batch for students admitted on the first round, 2nd round for students admitted due to some of the first round students rejecting admission (I think around May?). I did my research for the previous years. If you look it up on here it’ll show up. 

I applied for the Children, Youth, and Family Concentration. How about you? What school/year did you graduate? Major? I graduated in 2014, majored in sociology. Maybe you’re right since I feel like most of Sjsu students have been accepted for the same reason. I feel like the personal statement and requirements also matter.  This was my first time applying to csueb. I’ve been rejected from Sjsu since 2017. It was a regular small envelope that’s why I’m super surprised I got in! It was only 2 pages! Where are you from? I’m with you on Sjsu and csueb being my top choices! Waiting to hear back from Sjsu as well. They take forever! Is this your first year applying? We should connect. Do you have ig? LinkedIn?

Congrats on getting into u-wash!!! For social work? 

stay safe out there! 

Hi, 

I did my research already too but I think since a lot is going on this year, it's a little different. I emailed them asking if the shelter in place would affect whether decisions would be mailed out and I got this this response, 

"Dear CSUEB MSW Program Applicant,

We are very sorry to say that in the midst of the COVID-19 Shelter in Place order, we will be delayed in sending a letter regarding the status of your Fall 2020 admission application. Hopefully, the delay will not continue much beyond the Shelter in Place period.

We value your application and will let you know the Department's decision as soon as possible. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Stay well and please feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns. " 

So I think because the school closed down, we won't be hearing back for awhile! I applied for the community mental health concentration. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!  

Hey, 

Who did you email? At least you got a response. I never did. I agree sadly despite everything going on it’ll delay admissions. I recently moved and updated my new address before moving and I still haven’t received their admissions packet. I really hope it all gets better soon. Stay safe! Be well! 

Edited by Latinaxo