Loyola University of Chicago MSW 2020 (Advice?)

Gelibutter

Hello, 

Has anyone ever applied to loyola university of chicago msw program? Do you recommend it? It does not look really competitive but I was really interested in their MSW Online Bilingual program! It's weird because they even say you can submit it without actually filling it out completely and can finish it once you submit it? 

Also it's free to apply! 

So I just wanted some feedback for those who have done it, and what you thought? Anyone thinking of applying? 

Hi there!

I know someone who went to the full-time two year MSW program at Loyola and she really liked it. She also found a job at the site where she had her field placement after graduating. Overall, their graduates seem to have a huge presence in Chicago, especially clinical social workers. The only downside is I don't think they give out a lot of aid, but if you were doing online then I am sure it is more cost-effective!

Hope this helped a bit, good luck!

I met with them in person and chose to go a different path as they admit over 80% of their applicants and don't do any research through the program. It's entirely clinical training. They don't give out a lot of aid either and didn't seem prepared to answer my questions I had brought. If clinical work is an end goal, then it's a totally viable option, I just didn't think it would fit what I wanted! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There! 

I am finishing up my last semester of the full time 2 year MSW program! If you have any specific questions just let me know! 

The program is very clinically focused and I would definitely agree that it does not give great financial aid but honestly even without aid it was still less money than UChicago even with the aid they offered me. We also actually do have a bunch of professors conducting research! I am a grad assistant for a professor and we are doing some really interesting work with organizations in both Mexico and Canada about the use of social media among rural LGBTQ teens! 

I've heard really good things about the online bilingual program and the school has a really cool opportunity to travel to Mexico and take a class during the winter term!

Overall I am really happy with my time at Loyola!