LBJ MPAff/MGPS Fall 2020

ch442

Due to the snow storm, power outages, water shortages, and general crisis situation in Texas right now, I'm not expecting any word from them for at least the next 2+ weeks. LBJ twitter said school will be closed through Monday Feb 22 at least, and only core personnel are expected to work.

On 2/20/2021 at 12:20 AM, studious_kirby said:

Due to the snow storm, power outages, water shortages, and general crisis situation in Texas right now, I'm not expecting any word from them for at least the next 2+ weeks. LBJ twitter said school will be closed through Monday Feb 22 at least, and only core personnel are expected to work.

Thanks for the update. It was a rough week for Texans last week. I'm still without water. 

Hey y’all! I’ve been lurking on these forums for a bit and finally have something to contribute lol
I got an email yesterday saying that I had been accepted to the MPAff program but that it needed to be approved by the Dean. (Someone said this happened to them last year earlier up on this thread). I checked the portal this morning and my status had been changed to ACCEPTED but I was wondering when we would hear back about financial aid? They said in my email that the formal acceptance should come in the next week or so, so I am wondering if I will get that info then or if I just didn’t get any aid?

it would be weird since I’ve gotten aid in my offer letters thus far.

thanks!

1 hour ago, ejb1998 said:

Hey y’all! I’ve been lurking on these forums for a bit and finally have something to contribute lol
I got an email yesterday saying that I had been accepted to the MPAff program but that it needed to be approved by the Dean. (Someone said this happened to them last year earlier up on this thread). I checked the portal this morning and my status had been changed to ACCEPTED but I was wondering when we would hear back about financial aid? They said in my email that the formal acceptance should come in the next week or so, so I am wondering if I will get that info then or if I just didn’t get any aid?

it would be weird since I’ve gotten aid in my offer letters thus far.

thanks!

Congrats on your acceptance! If you don't mind me asking, did the email seem personalized? 

15 minutes ago, warrior66 said:

Congrats on your acceptance! If you don't mind me asking, did the email seem personalized? 

Thanks! Not particularly, I mean it seemed like a standard letter. the email had an acceptance letter, info about math camp, and another more detailed letter. The acceptance letter had my name and address on it. They actually had to forward me another one bc the original was for someone else lol

Just now, ejb1998 said:

Thanks! Not particularly, I mean it seemed like a standard letter. the email had an acceptance letter, info about math camp, and another more detailed letter. The acceptance letter had my name and address on it. They actually had to forward me another one bc the original was for someone else lol

Haha no way! And thanks, I hope your formal acceptance has a very generous scholarship. 

12 hours ago, heyhey29 said:

Heard back yesterday.. waitlisted for the MPAff program in Austin. Anyone else get an email yesterday?

Same boat as you. I received an email later yesterday afternoon saying I was waitlisted. Hope you do ultimately get in and congratulations to those who did receive acceptances!

I just got my acceptance to MGPS! Also says "recommended for admission" pending final approval by the Dean, email has acceptance letter, info about quant readiness and an admitted students day. Nothing about funding, did anyone have funding included in this email? 

Hi all! I received my acceptance but am missing info about funding. Has anyone received funding in their emails? I read a few different threads and have yet to see anyone who has received funding so I'm just curious. Thanks!!

10 hours ago, nickyb said:

Hi all! I received my acceptance but am missing info about funding. Has anyone received funding in their emails? I read a few different threads and have yet to see anyone who has received funding so I'm just curious. Thanks!!

I got info on my financial aid portal but got absolutely no merit funding from LBJ, so was wondering the same thing. No aid mentioned in my acceptance letter. Someone with similar stats to me got nearly a full-ride last year, so I figured if I got in I would've qualified for something? 

11 hours ago, nickyb said:

I was accepted with about 25k in fellowship funding. My initial acceptance had this generic language: You have received a fellowship, and will receive an official letter from the fellowships office via DocuSign within the next week. Please refrain from asking questions about fellowships until you’ve received your fellowship notification.

Later in the week I got an email from the fellowships office with my funding letter. I hope this helps and I hope they come through with some $ for you!

1 hour ago, sassyscholar said:

I was accepted with about 25k in fellowship funding. My initial acceptance had this generic language: You have received a fellowship, and will receive an official letter from the fellowships office via DocuSign within the next week. Please refrain from asking questions about fellowships until you’ve received your fellowship notification.

Later in the week I got an email from the fellowships office with my funding letter. I hope this helps and I hope they come through with some $ for you!

This is very helpful - thank you!