Not called for interview

guccimane

Question

Last week, someone from a program sent me an email to set up a phone interview. They asked me to reply with some times that worked for them, which I did. They never called, and they also did not respond when I followed up. I don't think I said anything too weird in my emails, so are they just busy? Or have they lost interest? How common is this? I feel like they must be interested, since they wanted to interview me. Should I try contacting them again?

4 answers to this question

Are you sure they were supposed to call you and not the other way around? If you have already followed up by email politely saying they missed the call, and you would like to reschedule, I would wait a few days to a full week. After that time, I would email someone from like the program admin and explain what happened, and ask what you should do next. Make sure you are always polite and friendly and do not throw anyone under the bus.

3 hours ago, Gatech_ST said:

It did happen to me, I just waited after I followed up and they reached out to me 2 weeks later. Consider waiting a week or two before a second follow up,.

Hey, thanks for your reply. Did you end up getting into this program?

2 hours ago, hopeful2020PhD said:

Are you sure they were supposed to call you and not the other way around? If you have already followed up by email politely saying they missed the call, and you would like to reschedule, I would wait a few days to a full week. After that time, I would email someone from like the program admin and explain what happened, and ask what you should do next. Make sure you are always polite and friendly and do not throw anyone under the bus.

Yes, I am sure. It has been a full week and I haven't heard anything.

Am I allowed to bump my thread? Sorry!

It's been 2 weeks and still haven't heard. Should I contact them again? I responded to their initial email, and then followed up the day they were supposed to call, so this would be the third email from me in a row...