Financial Aid Reconsideration

perfectamity

Just now, ayshaface said:

Thank you!! :) Same to you!!! I would make it clear that attending will be nigh impossible if they don't provide you more funding. Be direct about that for sure!!!

I most definitely will ! I'm coming from out of state as well so I need all the help I can get !! 

• 4 weeks later...

Have any BC people heard back anything about their reconsideration request ?? Any good news from anyone about their Reconsideration requests?? I'm just nervous to see what they say due to the current circumstances,  hope everyone is safe and healthy ! 

3 hours ago, MSWSTRESS said:

Have any BC people heard back anything about their reconsideration request ?? Any good news from anyone about their Reconsideration requests?? I'm just nervous to see what they say due to the current circumstances,  hope everyone is safe and healthy ! 

Hey! :) I have heard back, at least in as much as they originally wanted my competing offers, but they weren't that competitive so I told them as much. They said they'd get back to me soon, which was a week ago. Hopefully we'll hear back by either tomorrow or next week!

1 hour ago, ayshaface said:

Hey! :) I have heard back, at least in as much as they originally wanted my competing offers, but they weren't that competitive so I told them as much. They said they'd get back to me soon, which was a week ago. Hopefully we'll hear back by either tomorrow or next week!

Yeah I'm hoping to hear something soon but I know things might be delayed now due to the pandemic and everything so I'm just constantly refreshing my email lol 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 12:15 AM, MSWSTRESS said:

Yeah I'm hoping to hear something soon but I know things might be delayed now due to the pandemic and everything so I'm just constantly refreshing my email lol 

Any luck hearing back from BC yet on this? Im still waiting, although they did say they’d extend my deadline to 5/1 as a result. 

6 minutes ago, acro22 said:

Any luck hearing back from BC yet on this? Im still waiting, although they did say they’d extend my deadline to 5/1 as a result. 

No, I haven't heard back about my reconsideration request since March 19 when I was originally contacted by Frances Stearns that my request will be reviewed but I'm sure it's because of the pandemic and staff working from home since they are normally very quick to respond and I'm also waiting to see when the individual financial aid packages will be available since that was suppose to be out by early April according to the website.

58 minutes ago, MSWSTRESS said:

No, I haven't heard back about my reconsideration request since March 19 when I was originally contacted by Frances Stearns that my request will be reviewed but I'm sure it's because of the pandemic and staff working from home since they are normally very quick to respond and I'm also waiting to see when the individual financial aid packages will be available since that was suppose to be out by early April according to the website.

Thanks, same here. I’ve found them very responsive so far. 

For anyone may be attending BC, just in case your BC email is not set up, the financial aid packages are available, I finally set up my email for BC and saw that my financial aid package was available from April 4, however, I'm sure if you had to have put your deposit down to access your email or not but if you have , I think it should be fine. Here is the link on how to access your BC email, your agora password will not be the same password for your email, so this is the link on how to set that up  https://www.bc.edu/offices/help/comm-collab/g/Password2.html. I hope everyone is safe !

P.S. I have not heard back about my scholarship Reconsideration,  this is just the financial aid package.

Edited by MSWSTRESS

7 hours ago, MSWSTRESS said:

For anyone may be attending BC, just in case your BC email is not set up, the financial aid packages are available, I finally set up my email for BC and saw that my financial aid package was available from April 4, however, I'm sure if you had to have put your deposit down to access your email or not but if you have , I think it should be fine. Here is the link on how to access your BC email, your agora password will not be the same password for your email, so this is the link on how to set that up  https://www.bc.edu/offices/help/comm-collab/g/Password2.html. I hope everyone is safe !

P.S. I have not heard back about my scholarship Reconsideration,  this is just the financial aid package.

Did your department aid (scholarship) match what was in your acceptance letter? Mine is higher, I had asked them to reconsider scholarship and haven’t heard back yet but the number was definitely larger. 

Just now, acro22 said:

Did your department aid (scholarship) match what was in your acceptance letter? Mine is higher, I had asked them to reconsider scholarship and haven’t heard back yet but the number was definitely larger. 

Yeah my department aid in my financial aid package and my scholarship mentioned in the acceptance letter were the same, and I also haven't heard back yet about the scholarship reconsideration, I'm hoping to hear back soon ! 

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2020 at 5:52 PM, MSWSTRESS said:

Yeah my department aid in my financial aid package and my scholarship mentioned in the acceptance letter were the same, and I also haven't heard back yet about the scholarship reconsideration, I'm hoping to hear back soon ! 

Did you end up hearing back from BC about this?