Canadian Masters in Counselling 2020

willisle

I am an applicant!

I have a few questions for both current students and other applicants!

Asking about U of T MEd Counselling and Psychotherapy at OISE.

Does anyone happen to know the average class size? 

I am currently in my fourth year of my undergraduate degree. For other applicants that applied while in their fourth year, did U of T ask you for another updated transcript for your current grades? - Not sure how they will see my final year marks given that we already submitted and the first semester is not even completed. 

Has anyone been able to find a recent average acceptance rate for this program?

For current students: Do you pay out of pocket for your supervision? Or does this depend on the student?

Placements: Do you have any choice in where you go? Along with choosing what populations you want to work with, are you able to choose places outside of Toronto but still in Ontario?

GPA: (3rd year as I am a 4th year student): 4.0

Experience: 4 months Private Clinical Behavioural Therapist (clients with neurodevelopmental disorders as well as OCD, ADHD and Anxiety) 9 months Private in-home Behavioural Therapist

Education: Hons. BASc Human Behaviour and Grad Certificate ABS

Edited by Happiness is key

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2020 at 5:04 PM, mmckenzie said:

Has anyone heard from UBC? I am assuming I didnt get in as I have not heard from them yet and they said successful applicants will hear by 'mid march'

Hi @mmckenzie I applied to UBC M.Ed Counselling this year. It seems to be rare to see applicants for schools in BC in this forum. I would like to connect with you, if you don't mind. Please let me know

54 minutes ago, Jumbo3 said:

Hi @mmckenzie I applied to UBC M.Ed Counselling this year. It seems to be rare to see applicants for schools in BC in this forum. I would like to connect with you, if you don't mind. Please let me know

I didn't apply to UBC this year (applied to UVic) although I'm considering applying next year if I'm not successful this cycle. I did my undergrad at UBC and I know some of the faculty in the CNPS department if you have any questions perhaps I can help :) feel free to DM

On 1/16/2021 at 4:12 PM, Samantha123 said:

I didn't apply to UBC this year (applied to UVic) although I'm considering applying next year if I'm not successful this cycle. I did my undergrad at UBC and I know some of the faculty in the CNPS department if you have any questions perhaps I can help :) feel free to DM

Thank you @Samantha123 :) I hope you all the best this year with UVic!

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2020 at 3:13 PM, Psych? said:

I saw an OISE Counselling And Psychotherapy rejection on the results page, which is scary because before I had only seen acceptances -  but I am still waiting to hear. 

I have an interview for UWO this week that I am trying to prep for, but can't stop refreshing my SGS page. 

Hi, I see you had an interview at UWO last year. Do you mind me asking how it went, or if you have any tips for people going through interviews this year? Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2021 at 9:08 PM, J.Gradstudent.2 said:

Hi, I see you had an interview at UWO last year. Do you mind me asking how it went, or if you have any tips for people going through interviews this year? Thanks!

I would like to have some tips on the interview as well. Please message me if anyone has any tips! I really appreciate it!