Declining Waitlist Spots?

Hi friends. Hope everyone is eating some chocolate and practicing some death yoga to destress during the coronavirus chaos! 

I've searched for over an hour on the forums trying to find a post I saw much earlier on in this year's app cycle (back in November, I want to say) with a sample email somebody had whipped up for someone else looking to decline their spot on a waitlist. I'm going to be contacting two of my waitlist schools soon to ask to be taken off the waitlist (out of courtesy to those students who may also be on the list). Can anyone remember where that sample language was for how to word this respectfully, or offer any advice on wording?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

17 hours ago, VincentH said:

Can anyone remember where that sample language was for how to word this respectfully, or offer any advice on wording?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Don't recall the specific text, but some sample language: Thank you again for considering my application. I have made the difficult decision to enroll at another program, and I would like for my name to be removed from the waitlist for 2020 admission. 

6 hours ago, caffeinated applicant said:

Don't recall the specific text, but some sample language: Thank you again for considering my application. I have made the difficult decision to enroll at another program, and I would like for my name to be removed from the waitlist for 2020 admission. 

Short and sweet - this helps bunches! Thank you! :)